Senior Design and Development Engineer
1 day left
- Full Time
Senior Design and Development Engineer with a deep knowledge of refrigeration/thermodynamics is sought by our client, a manufacturer of cutting-edge laboratory equipment for global markets.
The new and key role of Senior Design and Development Engineer is required to provide impetus on exciting next generation product development activities and the company is investing in cutting edge new production process technology.
The Senior Engineer will report into the Managing Director, and will have specific responsibility for key Engineering Projects and activities, working with the team to provide innovative product solutions in line with the strategic development plan.
- Hands-on design, development and project management input as required on new product development and on existing product upgrade projects.
- Providing Engineering support to both internal and external departments and agencies including: essential support to the shop-floor to maintain Production output; technical support to Materials Management and Q/A, to enable the provision of fit-for-purpose materials to support both the production build schedule and new product release; and support to maintain the technical database essential for the effective operation of the company’s business software and systems.
- Assisting in the overall engineering department planning and annual budget, and taking responsibility on a project basis from: initial requirement specification agreement; through resource and schedule and key milestone planning agreement; project implementation and team management through to product release.
- Infusing a spirit of innovation and urgency to push the boundaries and deliver new product commitments on time and to specification.
The Senior Engineer should have the following experience/qualities:
- Several years’ technical design and project management experience in leading-edge equipment manufacturing environments.
- Ability to demonstrate effective project management and leadership skills, and have a sound and broad technical background. Ideally encompassing Mechanical, Thermodynamics/Refrigeration with an appreciation of signal processing and microprocessor controlled systems.
- Have successful experience of working in a formalized phase-gate product development process, and according to ISO 9001 design controls
- Degree / Higher Degree level qualifications in a Engineering/Chemistry/Physics discipline
- Refrigeration systems knowledge and knowledge of Temperature and Power Control Systems
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding in the key areas of energy efficiency in electrical system management, temperature uniformity control and noise reduction.
- Be able to demonstrate successful experience both in product development phases and in the initial technology feasibility investigations where new materials and processes may need to be adapted or developed to achieve ground breaking improvements. Have R & D vision and capability to drive forward new ideas, demonstrate successful links with academia and other external partners.
- Able to demonstrate success in an international company environment.
We seek a candidate who has the vision, ability and energy to provide the necessary focus and drive on existing key projects, and to be a key input in the ongoing strategic product development roadmap.