CNC Service Engineer - Fixed Site
Join a rapidly growing highly precise manufacturing business as a specialised engineer in their most profitable department
Michael Page Sheffield have teamed up with a major engineering business in Sheffield who have posted growing results for the past consecutive 5 years. With an outstanding reputation in an established market, this businesses technical capability and innovative approach have allowed them to make major strides in a highly lucrative complimentary sector. With the order book ever increasing the demands on their advanced CNC machinery keep increasing and so the need has arisen for a specialised engineer to join the maintenance team.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager and holding a senior standing in the maintenance team you will be looked up to and relied on to help the business achieve its key aims.
The key aim of the position will be to reduce downtime, improve plant performance and reliability by identifying and implementing engineering solutions.
- Diagnose and remedy equipment/plant faults
- Meaningfully contribute to and support continuous improvement methods and activities
- Be the subject matter expert on Schutte, Doosan, Okuma, Hermle machine tools and Fanuc, Siemens and Heidenhain control systems.
- Ensure that all parts required are booked out correctly and recorded as necessary.
- Accurately record all work activities & plant interventions using the CMMS
To be successful you must be able to demonstrate some ability/evidence of:
- Electrical, electronic and mechanical skills associated with CNC machinery and equipment.
- Good fault finding and problem solving skills essential - electrical, mechanical, hydraulic & pneumatic systems.
- Modern manufacturing thinker with the ability to work under pressure
- A can do' attitude.
- Forward thinking, enthusiastic & motivated
- HNC/HND or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline, e.g. Electrical, Electronics or control Engineering.
Competitive plus good package
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82842034