Senior Manager Role - IFA/wealth mananger/financial adviser
My client who is a very prestigious financial advice practice are now looking for a senior manager with soiled experience managing and developing financial advisers to cover their cardiff region.
- To manage a team of ten financial advisers currently servicing this location, but the aim for the new senior manager in Edinburgh will be to increase this headcount to a total of fifteen.
- The role holder will be responsible for the direct line management of a team of Private Client Advisers and Corporate Consultants where applicable.
- Although having no direct line management responsibility for the admin support team it will be expected that the Senior Manager and Team Manager will work closely together to ensure all objectives are met.
- The role holder will also be expected to develop and maintain a good working relationship with the Corporate Advice Team in order to maximise opportunities for cross referrals where they do not manage Corporate Consultants.
- To lead, manage, coach and develop the performance of teams within their management jurisdiction.
- Implement effective training and development plans for all direct reports via an annual assessment and ongoing during the year.
- Increase own and other direct reports technical knowledge and awareness of market and legislative conditions to enable the highest standards of advice to be given.
- To identify adviser’s appropriate training and personal development needs through the annual completion and review of the Personal Development Analysis.
- Ensure effective delivery and application of the company’s Training and Competence Scheme in relation to the advisers under the span of control and ensure their effective supervision.
- To monitor advisers CPD completion and ensure the required standards are met
- To ensure that all Advisers/Consultants in their team are applying client proposition and rate card with all existing and new clients.
- To monitor segmentation of clients so that Advisers/Consultants stay within the prescribed household limit and segment their clients according to the agreed service levels.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years experience in managerial roles
- Competent Adviser Status - Dip PFS, JO7 and Diploma Level 4 (if JO7 has not already been attained there is a requirement to pass this exam within 12 months of commencement of the role)
- Proven success as a business leader with commercial and organisational awareness skills
- Excellent knowledge and practical experience of advisory process within financial services, and similarly for corporate business
- Strong leadership, coaching and management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills and ability to deliver through others
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- A strong background in PI and or Affinity Development