An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Compliance Officer to support operations at the Defence Logistics Centre, Samlesbury. There may also be a requirement to work on different sites, according to business needs.
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for Quality Assurance and Governance activities, alongside other duties deemed as reasonable to business needs.
- Carry out internal audits, raising associated corrective action reports and monitoring progress
- Monitor and record customer complaints, supplier performance and quarantine / rejection reports
- Monitor and record internal quality performance, with emphasis on Continuous Improvement
- Control site quality documents, including maintaining relevant data. Assist SHEQ manager to update site quality procedures, plans and work instructions
- Assist in calibrated instruments programme, including holding certificates and arranging re-calibration
- Control and issue company inspection stamps
- Identify and resolve general quality issues, alongside the site management team
- Assist with internal training and inductions
- Monitor records to ensure that Business Unit Security Training is completed
- Assist the SHEQ Manager in ensuring Wincanton are working to appropriate standards, defined legally or relating to customer requires. Including but not limited to Federal Acquisition Regulations, International Traffic In Arms Regulations, Export Authority Regulations and other associated regulations
- Prepare for specific business security related audits
- Support with establishing regulatory requirements with regards to new or additional contractual requirements
- Maintenance of records relating to stamps and delegated authority, ensuring they are regularly reviewed and audited
- Auditor skills or experience
- Quality management of a warehouse or production environment
- Development and improvement of processes and procedures
- Understanding of ISO 9001, 14001, OHSAS 18001, SC21, MPAS
- Six Sigma/Lean/Value stream Mapping experience or training
- Ability to complete root cause analysis
- Take succinct minutes of management reviews and safety committee meetings
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.About Us
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82799083