Our client, a leading Construction business with a turnover of £80million based in Central London is looking for a Finance Manager to support and deputise for the Financial Controller. They have firmly established their brand over a number of years due to their service, focus and commitment to innovation, and thus, the business is on track for yet another successful year. Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, you will be working within a fast paced environment, whilst supervising a small team.
This opportunity has been created to support the business with detailed analysis, management information and statutory accounts. The Finance Manager will be adding value by delivering accurate and timely financial data to influence and contribute to decision making and business planning throughout the organisation, whilst considering controls and process improvements.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for producing the weekly cashflow forecast
- Presenting the cashflow forecast to the Heads of Department and the Surveyors on a weekly basis
- Preparing the month-end close and Board pack for the Senior Management Team
- Review and analysis of actuals, forecasts and budgets ensuring effective reporting to senior management
- Leading the reporting schedule and timetables, taking responsibility for the delivery of the financial accounting submissions with agreed deadlines
- Producing the year end pack for the auditors under FRS102
- Developing business controls with agreed procedures
- Responsible for identifying efficiencies and improving processes
- Maintaining key relationships both within finance and across the business
- Liaising with suppliers and subcontractors and answering queries
- Supervising and leading a team of 6 (non and part qualified accountants)
- Involved with ad-hoc projects as directed by the Financial Controller
Skills and experience required:
- Qualified Accountant with experience in the construction industry
- A proactive 'can do’ approach
- Ability to motivate and lead others
- Reliable and willing to go the extra mile to meet deadlines
- Willing to get 'stuck in’ and support the business and the team
- Ability to identify and drive efficiencies and process improvements
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Interested candidates should send their CV to Jane Knight, who will be contacting candidates with the closest match to the client’s selection criteria within ten days of application to arrange an initial meeting. If you have not heard from me within these timescales, thank you for your interest but please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.