Assistant Accountant / Trainee Accountant
Assistant Accountant / Trainee Accountant, Salary up to c£22k dependent on experience + study support. Based; Hemel Hempstead, Full time and permanent.
A progressive National Property Management Company are looking to recruit an Assistant Accountant / Trainee Accountant to work within their Finance team. Supporting the Company Accountant, the main purpose of the role will be to maintain the individual financial books and records and related financial matters for the company. This is a hands-on role giving the right individual an opportunity to get involved in a wide range of key duties in managing the company accounts. The company can offer the successful candidate study support and career progression / development opportunities. The ideal candidate will be AAT level 3 qualified and ready to move onto level 4.
The Assistant Accountant / Trainee Accountant role is responsible for ensuring the Accounts follow robust internal systems, including assisting in the responsibilities as detailed below, although the role will also involve ad hoc tasks from time to time:
- Preparation of (monthly) management accounts and reporting pack
- Preparation of year-end accounts with supporting working papers
- Control and operation of ground rent collection
- Budget / forecast preparation, and variance analysis
- External regulatory audits and/or enquiries
- Posting and administration of sales/purchase ledger transactions
- Banking – managing account balances and coordinating payments/transfers
- Responsibility for HMRC reporting (including: VAT, PAYE, Corporation Tax), filing and payment as maybe necessary
- Managing systems, controls, compliance and reporting.
Person Specification – Assistant Accountant / Trainee Accountant
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience within an accountancy / financial environment, which may include experience gained within a professional accounting practice
- Possess (or part-qualified) a professional Accountancy qualification (AAT/ACCA/CIMA/ACA, or equivalent). Perhaps would suit a candidate at AAT Level 3, looking to progress to AAT Level 4.
- Ideally educated to A-level standard (or equivalent), with minimum GCSE grades A-C in English & Maths.
- Sound book-keeping knowledge with a good understanding of accounting principles and legal/regulatory frameworks
- Naturally inquisitive with an ability to identify weaknesses and offer improvements to internal systems/processes (continuous improvement techniques)
- Client focussed, flexible, organised, self-motivated, with ability to use own initiative and work to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail, whilst ability to keep perspective and make informed decisions
- An excellent communicator (oral and written)
- Highly computer literate, including intermediate Microsoft Office skills
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for then please apply, attaching your CV.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82765087