Full Stack Developer - Ruby on Rails
Location: Eastleigh, Hampshire
Type: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: Competitive salary + pension scheme + employee benefits programme + fun and friendly office!
A company established in 1996 with the later addition of its digital arm Hoozzi, acts primarily as the pre-eminent provider of homeowners’ manuals to the UK housebuilding industry and is broadening its range to the market. With an ethos that demands the most rigorous of quality and customer care standards, they only recruit the best.
You will be working within a secure and established company with the freedom of a start-up environment, looking to disrupt the current industry with an agile and innovative approach, but with the back-up of a core product that has over a 90% retention of customers year on year due to superior customer service.
Going forwards, they are looking at how we can use new technologies such as AI, block chain, chatbots and big data concepts.
About the role:
In this role, you will be working within the Product Development Team to ensure their digital suite of products is fit for purpose, along with building and testing web development frameworks that can handle large volumes of traffic. You will report directly to multiple product owners and will work closely with them, fulfilling requirements and supporting successful product delivery of our key digital projects.
You will be:
- Supporting product owners in the continuous development of existing digital products
- Maintaining, developing and updating sites based on Ruby on Rails
- Supporting product owners in the creation of new digital products
- Assisting in the commercialisation of the business through technology
- Working with product owners to develop future digital opportunities
- 2+ years full stack development experience in Ruby using the Rails framework
- Knowledge of SQL, Java, HTML and CSS
- Experience using Github, AWS and Codeship
- Working in an agile/lean environment
- Database development, optimisation and management experience
- Application testing experience
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to show initiative, multi-task, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Fast learner
- Knowledge of Angular and PHP CodeIgniter
- WordPress experience
- Working with or setting up APIs
- Maintaining change logs
- User journey, interface and experience optimisation for desktop, mobile and tablet
- Knowledge of project management
Sounds interesting? Click APPLY now.
Candidates with previous experience or job titles including; Full Stack Developer, Full Stack Software Developer, Ruby on Rails, Software Development, Ruby on Rails Developer, Software Engineer, Full Stack Software Engineer, may also be considered for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82559704