·Management qualification (advantage)
Follwing are essentialt
·Full clear enhanced DBS
·Paediatric First Aid
·Designated Safeguarding Training
·Full and complete understanding of the EYFS
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, creative individual to undertake the management of a Day nursery based in Aylesbury.
The main duties expected of the Nursery Manager are, as follows, please note that this description is a basic outline, and that additional requests may be made from time to time.
- to know and understand nursery Policies and prices, and to ensure that these Policies are implemented at all times
- To know and understand the EYFS
- To use own initiative
- To be punctual and willing to do overtime when required to ensure the smooth running of the Nursery
- To be well-presented at all times
- To work as part of a team
- To support the owner of the Nursery and to work in the best interests of the Nursery at all times.
- To assist with the recruitment of new staff as directed by the owner of the Nursery
- To supervise staff and students and to assist with staff appraisals
- To recognize staff training needs and to look for courses that fulfill those needs.Managers should also keep records of courses booked or attended for each individual member of staff
- To organize, attend and minute regular staff meetings
- To be prepared to work with the nursery nurses to cover staff leave/absences, where necessary
- To supervise the planning in all of the rooms
- To supervise the completion of development records and manage our 'LearningBook’ system
- To ensure that risk assessments are carried out daily
- To ensure that the staff are keeping the nursery clean, tidy and safe.
- To liaise with the owners of the Nursery to formulate working staff rotas, ensuring that staff ratios are adhered to at all times
- To assist with the preparation of regular parent newsletters, emails and updates
- To organize a parents’ evening at least three times a year as well as Parents’ forum
- To keep and monitor accident, incident and risk assessment records with assistance from our management Software
- To use and manage our administration/ nursery management systems.
- To supervise the administration of all medication
- To provide the owners of the Nursery with regular reports on the Nursery and its staff
- To assist the owners of the Nursery with marketing exercises
- To keep attendance records for all of the children up-to-date
- To show potential customers around the Nursery and to be able to discuss the Nursery policies with them, where necessary
- To assist with the general administration of the Nursery, including invoices, payments and ordering as directed by the owner
- To ensure that the Nursery Inspection Checklist is always adhered to.
Salary 28K BASIC