Director of Marketing Communications
University Partnerships, Europe
Bonus Scheme: EVA 20% of fixed salary
Location: Oxford (as primary location)
Status: Permanent, Full Time
Navitas is a truly global education provider. With operations and partnerships in over 30 countries on 4 continents, our vision is to become the most trusted learning organisation in the world. Our students and our partners are at the heart of everything we do, and we are relentless in our efforts to improve and enhance the outcomes and services we provide to them.
As an organisation, we have made a commitment to transforming our business, through reimagining what we do and the way we do it. We are seeking passionate, innovative and creative people to help lead this journey and position our organisation for future success.
Reporting to the General Manager Marketing & Recruitment, this newly created role will lead the transformation of our organisational capability in marketing communications. Working closely with colleagues across our UK operations and other Navitas global divisions, the Director of Marketing Communications will build and develop a team of creative marketing, design, digital and communications professionals to deliver a step-change in how the organisation communicates internally and externally. The external-facing communication and marketing outputs will target student, parent and agent audiences in order to drive student enrolment growth in line with the ambitious targets included in our 3-year plan. This requires the ability to truly understand our partners, students, agents and staff in order to create and deliver modern, dynamic communications in a manner that inspires belief in the Navitas brand.
- Director of Admissions & Recruitment Centre
- UK Directors of Marketing & Admissions
- UK College Directors
- Regional Sales Directors
- UK College Marketing Coordinators
- Director of Marketing Communications, North America and Australasia
Skills & Experience
- Proven track record of developing exceptional marketing teams
- Experience of leading successful online and offline marketing campaigns to deliver business growth
- Experience of brand development and managing brand transition
- Excellent planning and project management skills
- Experience of working and influencing at a senior level
- Experience of tendering/outsourcing work to external agencies/service providers
- Proven ability to operate and thrive in matrixed structure
- Proven ability to monitor and evaluate the success of activities and report appropriately
- Experience of managing budgets and demonstrating return on investment
- Ability to work to tight deadlines among changing priorities
Attributes & Capabilities
- Willingness to take responsibility for decisions and outcomes
- High level interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Proven ability as an authentic team player
- A passion for customer service
- A flexible attitude to working patterns including a willingness to work weekends and evening both in the UK and internationally when required
- Ability to demonstrate innovative thinking
- A high degree of cultural sensitivity and awareness
Skills & Experience
- Experience of leading and delivering organisational change
- Familiarity with the Higher Education sector, internationally or within the UK
- Familiarity with Salesforce or similar CRM systems
- Familiarity with Marketo or similar systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related area
- Chartered Institute of Marketing qualification
Key Result Areas
- Deliver captivating, innovative and informative customer facing marketing collateral across all European partnerships in a manner that captures and conveys the success of our students and our organisation. This will drive and contribute to a demonstrable increase applications and enrolments to Navitas Europe’s university partnerships.
- Oversee the completion of the organisational brand transition in a manner that delivers genuine value to our customers and partners.
- Develop marketing strategies and campaigns for new, niche or specific products
- Ensure that products and marketing comply with ethical and legal standards.
- Based on an agreed annual production schedule and using a project oriented approach, the collateral will typically include:
- Print and electronic brochures and pre-departure guides
- B2B and B2C PPT presentations
- Point of sale materials
- Social media
Management and Leadership
- Build, lead and manage a new divisional marketing communications function that delivers responsive, dynamic and flexible services to our students, agents, university partners and staff. This function will work intimately with existing marketing and recruitment staff across the division, and collaborate closely with global stakeholders and operations.
- Review and assess employee performance and provide appropriate training and support.
- Develop a marketing communications plan in partnership with college based marketing teams to support the promotion of each Business Unit.
- Develop the brand and value proposition of each College by providing training, tools and platforms to support them.
- Manage Navitas Europe’s marketing communications budget in collaboration with the General Manager Marketing and Recruitment to deliver a balanced and transparent budget.
- Monitor and evaluate overall divisional ROI and for each activity and campaign.
How to apply
The deadline for applications is Monday 8th May at 13:00. Applications to include a CV and covering letter.
Navitas offers outstanding long-term career opportunities within UK and abroad, and is a values driven, equal opportunities employer. Successful applicants require working rights in the UK, and will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks, which may include a DBS check.