Are you and Electrical Engineer looking for a Day role ?
Do you have experience in a Critical Environment ?
Are you currently HVAP ?
If so please read on !
Currently recruiting for an electrically qualified engineer with experience of working within a critical environment for one of the UK's leading building services providers. As the electrical engineer you will be responsible for the safe and efficient running of all Electrical systems associated with supporting a critical environment. Suitable candidates must have experience with HV, LV switching, UPS and BMS. This position is a days Mon - Fri position.
The successful engineer will be reporting directly to the engineering supervisor. This is an excellent opportunity for career progression as the company provides a clear pathway through management and in house training. This is an urgent vacancy but candidates on a 4 week notice period along with immediately available individuals will be considered.
The role pays £42,000 and comes with a company package including pension.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES - Electrical Engineer
- Provide sickness and holiday cover to shift team members as and when requested by the Operations Management.
- To ensure site Electrical systems are operated and maintained to the required codes of practice and industry guidelines.
- Ensure the PPM?s for the as built equipment is fully maintained and carried out in a high calibre and on time.
- To carry out day-to-day maintenance and reactive issues relating to all the electrical equipment and assets.
- Complete information and feed back to computer based systems particularly the PPM system.
- Carry out fault identification/rectification and escalation when required on heating, ventilation and air conditioning issues.
- Installation and modification of site electrical services.
- Maintain effective communication to the Shift Supervisor including plant status, plant isolations, issues arising, ongoing works and standards of housekeeping.
- Ensure any parts required are clearly and accurately stated and any difficulties encountered on engineering activities are reported to the Shift Supervisor.
- Plant areas, workshops, stores, changing/rest areas etc. are kept to the highest level of housekeeping
- A high level of initiative
- A smart presentable uniformed appearance
- Advanced communication skills with a full understanding of customer needs & expectations
- Ability to comprehend and act upon both verbal and written instructions
- Enthusiasm and demonstration of pro-activity, diligence and alertness, with the willingness to participate in appropriate training schemes
- Integrity, honesty and punctuality is also expected
PERSON SPECIFICATION - Electrical Engineer
- Minimum 3 years? experience in Building Services industry
- C&G qualified or equivalent in an electrical services/maintenance.
- 17th Edition IEE: Wiring & Installation competent
- HV Approved Person (Preferred)
- Confined Space entry trained. (Where required)
- Recognised training or apprenticeship
- Strong communication skills and the ability to deal with all levels of staff.
- Demonstrate a good understanding and be technically competent in all building services, in particular UPS, generators, static switches, water treatment, refrigeration and air conditioning.
- Proactive in achieving the highest standard of operation.
- Demonstrate a willingness to attend on and off site training for plant and systems as they are installed. This may require nights away from home.
- Reliable and conscientious
- Individuals who can demonstrate commitment and technical competence; but do not meet all the requirements may be considered subject to client approval.
If you are interested in this Electrical Engineer's position and meet the minimum requirements please apply ASAP.