Assistant Quantity Surveyor
ACR have a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor on behalf of one of the leading developers of new homes, whose expertise lies in building large-scale residential led developments on greenfield sites across the South of the UK.
Reporting to a Senior Quantity Surveyor and based at Head Office, the company are seeking the services of an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to work on projects across Essex. Typical schemes are comprised of high specification traditionally built houses
- Attends design team meetings and development meetings when appropriate and also main contract pre-start and subcontract package review meetings.
- Where requested by line manager liaise with Development Surveyors to establish requirements for pre-contract expenditure and strategic procurement.
- Where requested by line manager liaise with estimating department to determine allowances in tender sum for specification and employer's requirements.
- Receive initial tender information and assist in the preparation and updating of procurement programmes.
- Assist in agreeing selection of suitable Subcontractors for works packages. Approves the competency of Subcontractors for inclusion on the Subcontractor's Approved List. Maintains and reviews the Approved List of Subcontractors in accordance with the Departmental procedures.
- Assist in the Preparation of Production Forecast cash flow and monitors on monthly basis also client cashflows where appropriate.
- Assist in monitoring the production of information and advised on financial feasibility of design development.
- Assist in the preparation of documents for the basis of valuation with Client's Agent (eg Stage Payment Schedule, Tick Offs etc).
- Assist in the preparation of Subcontract tender documentation, analyses tender returns and makes recommendations on subcontractor selection.
- Assist on the preparation of tender evaluations, A1 and C6 accounts forms for approval / signing by authorised signatory.
- Attends subcontract pre-order meetings and assist in the agreement of any post tender variations and matters affecting tender sum.
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of subcontract documentation and warranties for eventual engrossment by parties to the contract.
- Assist in the preparation of contract interim and final accounts including any variations with Housing Associations.
- Assists in the agreement of subcontractor interim and final accounts including and variations.
- Processes subcontractor certificates for payment.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly cost to completes, CV summaries and other financial information.
- Assist in the preparation and agreement of initial preliminaries costings with Construction Director and monitors expenditure.
- Where requested by line manager liaise with contract buyer on material purchasing costs and incorporates in contract financial reports.
- Assist in the application of retention releases in accordance with relevant contract retention release clauses.
- Attends site meetings, project team meetings and subcontract meetings during currency of contract.
- Attends surveyors meetings.
- Where requested by line manager liaise with Estimating Department to communicate post tender feedback on savings / price increases established through subcontract procurement.
- Assist in the preparation of notices and applications for Client / Agent for Extension of Time claims.
- Attends contract review meeting providing reports on matter which affected the profitability of the contract.
- Assists in ensuring Subcontractors are prequalified with respect to H and S and that all H and S documentation is in place prior to starting on site.
- Assists in keeping RAMS schedule updated and issue to relevant parties.
Applicants will already have or be working towards an appropriate Quantity Surveying Qualification and ideally will have exposure within Residential Construction.
This is an excellent opportunity for any capable individual to join an award winning developer with strong career development prospects alongside a comprehensive salary and benefits package.
To discuss in any further detail please do not hesitate in contacting Francisco on 01279 874 400 or apply below.