Data Scientist - Customer Analytics
Data Scientist - Customer Analytics
Our numbers are impressive; we have over 4.6 million members, with 17 million visitors to our properties last year, with a further 50 million enjoying the free, open spaces in our care. Each year we have around 35% of visitors who spend money in our shops and about 75% of visitors who eat in our cafes and restaurants. We have 65,000 volunteers that help us to do this. Imagine how powerful it would be to understand deeply the behaviours and motivations of these millions of people, so we can offer truly bespoke experiences. We want to offer them even more reason to love what we do, so they can support us (both financially and with their time) so we can continue our vital work.
Now, we have the infrastructure and capability to do this. We have been busy consolidating all of our data into a single data warehouse. We’ve invested millions into new technology and systems that allow us to collect, access and view this data. Now is the time for us to become truly an insight-led organisation which can offer personalised experiences for and build meaningful relationships with every one of our supporters. Help us to take our investment in our membership database to realise our ambitions for supporter loyalty. We have a large group of stakeholders who are hungry for the insight we as a team can provide – and we’d love to provide that in a creative, interesting and highly visual way.
What it's like to work here
We provide the best possible working environment for you throughout the building whilst also promoting and fostering a sociable Heelis Community. Do great things for us and we’ll do great things for you and your career.
Heelis is the Central Office for the National Trust; it was named after one of the Trust’s biggest benefactors Mrs William Heelis, There are approximately 500 staff from across the Trust’s directorates, including the Executive team and the Director General, are based here.
Heelis was designed to be highly sustainable and has won a number of nationally recognised awards.Designed by Feilden Clegg Bradley Architects in 2005, this architectural gem uses timber from our woodlands and wool from Herdwick sheep grazed on Trust farmlands, to help make Heelis a unique working environment.
What you'll be doing
The data scientist will report to a senior data scientist and will be responsible for coaching and leading data analysts. You will work within a broader insight function that includes analytics, continuous research, data management, supporter relationship management and 4 other subject-area insight leads. Your specific role will be as an ‘internal consultant’ and you will be instrumental in driving opportunities and leading initiatives for business clients through the use of supporter data-driven insights. This is a full-time role, based in Swindon.
Who we're looking for
In order to excel in this role, you’ll be:
- A trusted advisor – developing strong and trusted relationships with your clients and their teams, understanding their business and making regular contact. You have a reputation for seeing issues from your clients’ perspective, helping their thinking, providing sound advice, expertise and reliability
- Analytical - energetic in proactively identifying, planning and delivering the models and insight that your clients require. You are passionate in your desire to find better ways to understand our audience and you interpret, extrapolate from, and prescribe from our data to deliver actionable recommendations
- Results focused - provide inspirational and motivational leadership that creates a strong team spirit in the project team. You are highly visible and contactable and show true enthusiasm and engagement to the team and the project. You use the full range of capabilities available and, where possible, empower people to make their own decisions. Above all, you deliver results
- A Storyteller - You are a data visualisation master. You communicate your insight in ways that bring our audiences to life in creative and meaningful ways and you relate this your client’s business problems. For you, a picture really does say a thousand words
- A Leader - You build a team with the capability and confidence to provide a successful service to your client. You encourage your team to take responsibility for their development. Coaching will be second nature, helping people at one-to-ones and in the moment
- A Problem solver - a natural problem solver capable of taking a vague client brief, working out what is required and leading a team to deliver the analytics and modelling that is required
Looking after you
- Health cash plan – from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
Closing Date: 05 May 2017