Department: Customer Services
Closing Date: Friday 28th April 2017
Argyll and Bute Council are looking to recruit a temporary part-time Administration Assistant in our office in either Campbeltown or Lochgilphead. This post will be until 31st December 2017 or the implementation of the HR and OD service redesign, whichever date is the earliest.
Working within a small team, you will be responsible for carrying out the day to day operational activities of our Contractual Team and contribute to the ongoing provision and delivery of a successful HR and Payroll Transactional service for both LGE and Teaching Staff. In particular, this includes the accurate and timeous issuing of contractual documentation and the processing and maintenance of Starters, Leavers and Post Transfers on our HR/Payroll system in line with conditions of employment, statutory regulations and legislation. Exercising confidentiality at all times, this is a busy role and you will therefore have excellent time management skills to complete high volume workloads and ensure that our employees are paid accurately and on time. Working to tight deadlines, you can work well under pressure and absorb and analyse information quickly. Additionally, there will be a requirement to support and work alongside colleagues and their teams as and when required.
This post is for 17.5 hours per week. The part-time hours will be worked on a Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday mornings.
Applicants should note that:-
- This post is not suitable for job share.
- This is a temporary post which may be filled on a secondment basis by an employee wishing to gain experience/career development and will be at the discretion on the employee's director.
- The salary detailed is the full time equivalent and will be paid on a pro-rata basis
How to apply:-
- For information relating to the duties and the requirements of this post, please contact Mary Soudan, HR & Payroll Transactions Officer - on 01586 555223.
- If you are experiencing difficulty applying online and require assistance, please contact a member of the HR and Recruitment Team at or telephone on 01546 604334, quoting the post reference ARB01918 / CTI00165.
See also: Information For Applicants.docx
CTI00165 - Administrative Assistant.doc