- £25,000 - £30,000
- 25 days’ leave + 8 Bank Holidays
- 39-hour week – 8am-4:30pm Mon-Thur and 3:30pm finish on Fridays
- 3% matched pension
Location: Commutable from Northamptonshire, Market Harborough, Peterborough, Oakham, Corby, Stamford, Kettering, Leicestershire or Warwickshire
My client is a leading manufacturer of mechanical engineering systems supplied to a variety of sectors including Warehousing, Distribution and Manufacturing. This fantastic business encompasses sales, design, manufacture, build, install & service and provide a first-class total turnkey solution.
The growth my client has experienced over the past 8 years is phenomenal. In 2008 this business generated a total of £1.2m annual revenues. The budget for 2016 was £6m which they obliterated and closed the year (FYE Dec 2016) 203% of budget, all of which has come from organic sales. Because of this record-breaking success, my client is looking to recruit a Design Engineer to join the team.
The role of Design Engineer will be:
- To produce 3D designs & models of mechanical systems.
- 80% of your time will be spent producing 3D designs using Autodesk Inventor and 10% producing 2D layouts for presales.
- Designing & drawing new parts for mechanical systems.
- You will be using AutoCAD 2D and Autodesk Inventor 3D design packages.
- Produce layouts & detailed designs of mechanical systems incorporating all fabricated stainless steel, controls, PLC’s, motors, electrical wiring, gearboxes, bearings, shafts, hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Carry out basic engineering calculations and to produce 2D fabrication, assembly and part drawings.
- The remaining 10% will be to create a specification of all items and equipment layout schedules (Bill of Materials for brought out parts).
- You will also be heavily involved in NPI (new product introductions) and NPD (new product development).
- Handling up to 4 designs at any one time all at various stages.
The ideal Design Engineer will possess the following:
- Experienced Design Engineer (mechanical).
- Experienced in using any 3D design package, ideally AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor or SolidWorks as the preference.
- Mechanical engineering qualification is highly preferred, BTEC minimum.
- Based in any one of the above-mentioned locations.
You will be working for a financially secure & stable business which has a proven track records in success & growth. As part of a larger and global group, my client can offer a varied and exciting role with opportunities for promotion into a Senior Design Engineer or Project Engineer/Project Managers role should they arise.
How to Apply:
Please click “apply” or for further information, please contact Joanne Wilson at ATA Recruitment in Leicester on or alternatively, please email me an up to date copy of your CV to
ATA Recruitment specialise in technical & engineering positions therefore, if this role is not for you, please do have a look on our website for further potential opportunities which may suit your skills and experience better - If you have the skill, we have the recruitment knowledge and together we can find you your perfect job -
You must be eligible to live and work within the UK. Sponsorship is not provided.