Senior CAD Technician
My client, a multi-disciplinary consultancy is seeking a Senior Technician to join their successful & expanding Civil Engineering Infrastructure & Flood Risk team.
The Flood Risk and Infrastructure Team undertakes an interesting and wide variety of work.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An ability to undertake design and detailing of civil engineering infrastructure schemes, some experience of feasibility studies, inspections, surveys, reports and administration may also be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of dealing with approvals with Statutory Authorities eg Environment Agency, IDBs, Lead Local Flood Authorities, Highway Authorities.
- An ability with industry standard drainage modelling software such as MicroDrainage. In addition the ability to use 1D hydraulic modelling software such as ISIS or HECRAS would be an advantage.
- Ideally a good level of experience and competence with Civil 3D, or PDS.
- An ability to supervise and provide mentoring to more junior employees.
- Strong AutoCAD skills and experience.
- Experience and an ability to manage client expectations, attend project meetings with external parties and manage project programmes and commercial activities could be an advantage.
- A demonstrably excellent standard of written and verbal English.
- An ability to ensure that designs comply with all health and safety requirements.
- An ability to provide high quality technical advice, consultancy and design to internal and external clients on planning projects and civil engineering design projects.
- HNC Civil Engineering is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience of civil engineering infrastructure design including roads and drainage, knowledge of relevant design standards, experience with MicroDrainage, AutoCAD and Civil3D/PDS.
- UK driving licence.
Offering a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package and annual performance related bonus.
The role is based in Ipswich and there will be travel to other offices, client/team meetings and sites so a valid driving licence is required.