Graduate PR Account Executive PR Agency - Paid Internship - London
This is a 3month paid internship, offering up to £18,500 pro rata. Followed by a permanent position.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Content creation - copywriting in a range of print media and online formats
- Account co-ordination - being highly organised to ensure client reporting documents remain accurate and up to date
- Creative brainstorming as part of the team
- Relationship management - getting to know clients
- PR/Media relations - liaising with journalists to place coverage
- Research - assisting the team in finding industry knowledge to underpin content
Day-to-day activities will include:
- Copywriting in a range of print media and online formats
- Drafting blogs, white papers, reports, opinion articles, feature comments, news releases to a brief, maintaining high-quality copy across all formats
- Suggesting channels content can be distributed through, and angles for content pieces
- Being highly organised to ensure client reporting documents remain accurate and up to date
- Ensuring accurate and timely completion of reports for clients - always focusing on demonstrating value
- Ensuring your team meets deadlines.
- Ensuring that all work is checked, proofed and delivered to the client error-free and to their standards.
- Escalating any complaints/issues of quality to senior team members when appropriate.
Creative brainstorming as part of the team
- Nurturing a creative approach to PR tactics and opportunities in order to increase coverage and generate client satisfaction.
Relationship management - getting to know clients
- Owning and maintaining strong relationships with key client contacts.
- Ensuring that social opportunities are encouraged between client and team for
- relationship building.
- Sourcing information, events, third parties/partners to add value and thought to client meetings.
- Ensuring strong media relationships are established and maintained.
PR/Media relations - liaising with journalists to place coverage
- Support on management of day-to-day PR delivery for clients in order to achieve desired quantity of results.
- Complete ownership of specific projects and activities where allocated.
- Active pitching to the media and other parties.
- Calling and facilitating brainstorms to add creativity to your clients' PR plans or to the delivery of stories to the media.
- Assisting the team in finding industry knowledge to underpin content
- Assisting with desk research e.g. stats, industry reports, that feed into the content
What are your key candidate requirements for the role?
- Our client is looking for someone who can provide effective and efficient support on content and PR services, working with a busy team to deliver quality work and results for clients, through effective planning and co-ordination of client accounts.
- Must be a great communicator, not afraid to ask questions or challenge more senior team members, but work across delegated tasks individually or as part of a team, always hitting or beating deadlines while maintaining standards.
What are the perks of working for your company?
- Young vibrant team, sharing an office and close links to Ingenuity; great career progression possible - initial objectives set immediately and constantly reviewed. Initial salary review on passing 4-month probation.
- 5pm Friday finish with drinks at 4.30pm. Busy social life, including 2x Ingenuity days out annually.
- Contributory pension scheme begins October 2016. New business and recruitment bonus available.
- Located in Fitzrovia, a buzzing part of the West End at the heart of the media land.