Systems Cloud Support Engineer
Solarvista are seeking an enthusiastic and pro-active engineer to join their Operations and Support team. The team is responsible for the platform infrastructure implemented in the Microsoft Azure cloud platform, as well as day-to-day operations, ongoing developments, customer support and security.
Based in Sheffield, UK, the Systems Cloud Support Engineer role is full-time, Monday-Friday, 09:00-17:00, with some requirements for working outside these hours.
As a member of the team you will be responsible for a wide range of operational I.T. activities relating to maintenance and development of Solarvista cloud software and in-house I.T. systems.
You will have a proven track record of working in a customer facing environment, as you will be required to provide a high level of support to our clients.
Strong SQL skills and experience of Microsoft’s Azure cloud platform is desirable although not essential.
A computing related degree plus a relevant qualification (MSCE, MSCA, CCNA or similar) would be beneficial but are not required.Skills & Requirements
- Databases: Any DB experience, T-SQL / MySQL / Oracle / Postgres.
- Scripting languages: PowerShell preferred.
- Application support: Viewing events & logs to determine issues.
- Programming: C# preferred, can look at source code to determine issues.
- Infrastructure: Servers, I.T. equipment, Backups, VMWare, Hyper-V.
- Applications: Active directory, DNS, DHCP, common infrastructure services.
- Support: Experience of helpdesk
- Cloud platforms (Azure / AWS)
- Networking: Experience with networks, firewalls, switches.
Solarvista Software Limited is based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, specialising in the development of Field Service & Workforce Mobilisation solutions for large to medium sized enterprise businesses. We recently launched the latest generation of our proven enterprise ERP suite, Solarvista X9 as a fully cloud delivered Azure solution complete with iOS, Android and Windows mobile applications (available in app stores). Solarvista LIVE represents the next step in our evolution to a purely cloud-first software vendor, continuing Solarvista’s 20-year heritage of providing Field Service and ERP systems for some of the best-known brands in Britain. Building on this wealth of knowledge and experience we are aiming to deliver Solarvista LIVE well beyond the confines of Field Service, providing a robust, scalable application platform for building worldwide line of business applications. You can learn more about us and our products at ;