Financial Controller opportunity for a trendy pub £50,000 - £60,000 based in East London
My client, a small independent pub company which operates pubs primarily in the cool, hip parts of London, founded in 2007 and since has become a place where you can find great food and amazing drinks, with a backdrop of cutting edge DJ's at the weekend. Ultimately creating an environment where you are equally as comfortable celebrating your birthday, dancing with your mates or just having dinner with your partner are looking for a Financial Controller who would thrive in this type of creative environment.
As the Financial Controller you will manage a Finance Assistant and report directly to the Directors of the business.
- You will be responsible for the individual company and consolidated group management accounts, including the drafting of initial annual financial statements, comprising 6 current companies with more planned in the future
- You will be required to offer ways to improve existing accounting and financial procedures, to improve cash-flow, forecasting & budgeting, cut costs and achieve greater overall bottom line profitability of the group.
- You will have the relevant accounting skills, including standard accounting proficiency on SAGE 50.
Specific duties will include:
- Month end procedures for standard accounting function
- HMRC & Statutory Admin
- Liaison with appointed accountants for necessary submissions and declarations