Head of Finance/ Finance Director based Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to 80k plus excellent benefits
Nationwide Recruitment Service (NRS) is looking for an enthusiastic and inspirational Head of Finance, with experience of rousing and motivating a business as well as a team.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful, innovative and bespoke emerging business, with leading house hold names for clients. The career path is that of directorate i.e. Finance Director joining a motivational team of department heads, MD & board of directors.
REQUIREMENTS & PERSON
Responsible for driving business and the company forward, generating profits, meeting clients and being an inspirational team leader. You will need to be a self motivated personable and driven individual, to create the impetuous and passion from the internal and external stakeholders.
You will be used to challenging the status quo as well as pushing/ pulling a business forward, acting as a true business partner as well as head of finance.
WHAT WE NEED
In the first instance please provide a TAILORED CV, outlining where you have experience / synergies, around contract hours/ billable hours (i.e. similar to how a law/ accountancy practice would bill clients for time/ work carried out
- Examples in DETAIL where you have led and motivated yourself and a team to ensure goals have been delivered. I.e. how you how what why when you have driven a business forward successfully
- Examples in DETAIL when and how you have achieved business goals and what they were.
- Examples of how you drive business forward and gain commitment from your team
This is a new and PIVOTAL role which will include multiple responsibilities across various functions. Including being responsible for:
·Financial modelling and developing the accountancy, administration and support functions.
·Maintaining transition to a client centric, product based organisation.
·Representing the business in face to face meetings with clients
- Engage and challenge team/ business to promote change and drive the business forward
- Team building internal and external stand up delivery presentations
- Financial planning / costing for sales negotiations to implement business growth, change and transformation
- Overall success of the organisation by effectively managing all financial tasks - i.e. lead, develop and drive the Finance function forwards and be accountable for all financial aspects of the business.
- Responsible for management accounts, proactively acting / reacting to accounts and ensure all projects are profitable and make good business sense
- Articulate financial modelling to present to clients
- Create business and finance models for forward sales pipelines
- Financial accounting and reporting - Produce financial reporting including: monthly board pack/ Weekly P&L/ Project reports (also covering delivery team reporting)
- Audited accounts
- Management Accounts/ Financial Modelling
- Work with the functional heads to pro-actively deliver the results to meet budget and Stakeholder interaction with and reporting to the board, shareholders, clients, senior management team, all staff
- Data Ownership - Time sheets - own the data within the time sheet system ensuring that it is complete, accurate, consistent and up to date at the end of each day
- To produce reports with this data that can be used to make key business decisions
- To work closely with other functional owners to produce MI that meets their needs (including reports generated from the time sheet system)
Qualifications - Professional designation
- A recognised professional accountancy qualification and experience of charging for billable hours eg within accountancy / legal/ utilities practice