Design Agency:- this small and highly successful niche design agency in Central London - turnover £3.5m and growing - is seeking an experienced Finance Manager/Financial Controller. The role will report to the MD (with an external part time FD) and will replace the existing Finance Manager/Financial Controller who is retiring.
The company is seeking an all-rounder, happy to do a stand-alone role at this stage, working closely with the MD, contributing strategic ideas, advice and analysis to aid the decision making process.
The company has a high volume, busy project workload in design, consultancy and product fulfilment. The role will be varied and will include responsibility for:-
- All day to day accounting including bookkeeping, ledgers, VAT, management accounts
- Review of accounting systems, implementing enhancements as the company grows and upgrading from Quickbooks to Xero
- Providing the board with quality management information and variance analysis to aid decision-making
- Management of working capital and monitoring project work-in-progress
- Involvement in logistics and shipping issues, liaising with factories overseas
- Liaison with auditors and advisors with regards to year-end and overseas tax issues
- Involvement in administrative issues such as reviewing annual insurance policies.
The contribution of the new Finance Manager/Financial Controller will be key to the strategic growth of the business. The company has a friendly and relaxed environment and a strong ethic of employee care and offers a profit share scheme for all staff.
You should have extensive experience in a similar role in a small high volume business as a Company Accountant, Finance Manager or Financial Controller and you should be happy in a sole role at this stage working closely with the Board.