This Capital Accountant position will report into the Group Financial Controller and will be responsible for the the reporting of fixed assets and leases across a region.
Client DetailsThis large well established logistics organisation operates with businesses in the UK, Europe, Australia and the Middle East with over 2000 employees across the UK and Europe. This organisation has ambitious plans moving forward and is looking to continue its extensive growth from the last 50 years.
- Manage the reconciliation of the regional fixed asset registers from local GAAP to US GAAP
- Create and maintain from UK GAAP an IFRS fixed asset register
- Create and maintain a regional lease database and manage all lease reporting;
- Development and maintenance of an IFRS group accounting manual with associated controls;
- Support the Financial Accountant in the planning and delivery of quarterly and annual group audits across the region
- Prepare and distribute Capital and lease reporting packs and review monthly results with department heads
- Involvement in ad-hoc financial and commercial projects
- Ensure that subsidiaries follow the corporate capital policy
- Support group reorganisation, acquisition activity and other ad hoc projects
ProfileYou will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) and possess strong technical accounting knowledge that can be evidenced through experience. You will need to build strong relationships across the group with individuals at all levels including with non-finance. An understanding of capital reporting and technical accounting standards that relate to it would be highly beneficial.
Job OfferSalary £50,000 - £55,000 + benefits