Senior Estimator (Construction)
As Senior Estimator, you will be joining as a senior member of the commercial team and will be responsible for pricing your own tenders from first principles, collating package information, and ensuring commercially viable and competitive pricing. Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will be working on tender submissions for projects in the greater Belfast area with values up to £10 million.
Wellington Professional Recruitment is delighted to be working in partnership with our Client, one of the leading building maintenance, civil engineering and construction contractors in Northern Ireland, to recruit a Senior Estimator. They deliver high quality services to clients across different sectors including schools and colleges, councils, hospitals, emergency services, roads and rivers, housing and regeneration projects.
As Senior Estimator your duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Producing analytical tenders for all projects from bills of quantities, specification and drawings etc.
- Producing quantities from drawings if required.
- Preparing costs in conjunction with planning and operations departments.
- Producing material enquiries in conjunction with buying department.
- Presenting, reporting and advising Senior Management on projects at tender adjudication.
- Liaising with Design Team during tendering process as necessary.
- Negotiating with sub-contractors and suppliers, having a key focus on growing the supply chain of the business and forming relationships with subcontractors that will prove essential to successful project delivery.
- The ability to establish effective relationships with internal and other external stakeholders.
- Any other duties as required by the Senior Management Team.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Experience in a similar Estimator role within a Construction / Maintenance environment, with knowledge of JCT and NEC form of contracts.
- Third level qualification in a construction related discipline such as Quantity Surveying.
- Strong IT skills and experience of using MS Excel and Microsoft Project and estimating software such as Conquest.
If you feel this exciting "Senior Estimator" role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail. Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.