Health & Safety Manager
My client are a regional Social Housing Contractor in the North West, who currently have a requirement for a SHEQ Manager to work with them on a permanent basis, following a recent restructure.
Reporting to the company director, you will assist in providing advice from site to senior management level on sites across the North West. You will be an integral member of the safety team and will aid in the development and continual monitoring of safety systems and procedures you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for development, maintenance and implementation of all areas of the company's Health & Safety Management System
- Creating your own policies and procedures, and ensuring they are implemented by liaising with site teams to ensure compliance.
- Liaising with third parties where required
- Ensure staff receive adequate assistance & support to enable them to implement Health & Safety effectively
- Ensure all accidents and dangerous occurrences are reported and investigated
- Monitoring of sites and undertaking audits where required with respect to Environmental, Health & Safety and Sub-Contractor issues
- Reporting to the MD with respect to Environmental, Health & Safety, Sub-Contractor performance and training requirements for staff
- Contribute Health & Safety information to tenders and proposals
The successful candidate will ideally have experience working on refurbishment contracts for ideally a Social Housing Contractor and must have a NEBOSH qualification (ideally Construction) with other tickets (Abrasive Wheels, Face Fit) being ideal but not essential.
You must be a dynamic individual who is happy to create & develop new policies and procedures and put your own stamp on the role.
In return for your skills, you will be offered a salary of £35-42k + car allowance, fuel card, company phone, laptop and other benefits.
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like to apply, please send a copy of your CV to Stephanie at Bromak, using the contact details provided.