Feeling stifled in a big business?
Fancy throwing off the shackles of a corporate environment?
Feel you could do more but don't have the opportunity?
This could be the perfect opportunity for you!
The CompanyWe are representing a local property developer, looking to hire a Development Manager / Development Surveyor to join their small team. The firm are an established, well-funded and privately owned property developer who focus on the South West residential market. They have a fantastic reputation for integrity, quality and detail. Their developments range from 50 to 200 units and site cover Cornwall, Devon, Somerset and Dorset, with circa 150 sites currently in some stage of completion. They also have interests in high end restaurants and hotels and seafront property. The Development Manager / Development Surveyor will be part of a small, ambitious team and report directly and working closely to the Managing Director, with the opportunity to grow within the business, become a key part of its future, and most importantly sharing in the success.
The RoleWorking closely with the Managing Director the Development Manager / Development Surveyor will be responsible for managing the progress of owned and potential new developments through the technical, legal, planning and financial stages all the way through to construction and handover. You will be working on 3 - 4 of projects at a time at different stages of progress. Key duties will include:
- Appointing, instructing, managing the consultant team
- Steering projects through the planning and legal processes
- Gaining technical approvals and satisfying all outstanding planning conditions and obligations under S106 agreements.
- Negotiate agreements for infrastructure provision
- Resolving day to day technical issues as they arise and providing viable solutions where appropriate
- Close liaison with consultant teams including planners, architects, geotechnical and civil engineers, services and utilities, ecologists, archaeologists, landscape designers, project managers and quantity surveyors
- Forming and maintaining the infrastructure budget
- Representing the company at meetings and helping steer the strategic plan
- Procure tenders for infrastructure, and other related work to prepare serviced sites.
- Maintenance of strategic landholdings.
The role will be diverse and interesting, with high levels of autonomy and responsibility. You will be offered ongoing support, training and career progression as they embark on the next stage of growth.
The ideal candidate
- Background with either residential developer, consultancy or local authority
- Experience in a land and technical role
- Interest and understanding in the development process.
- Relevant degree or similar
- Drive and self motivation as important and experience
If you are interested in hearing more about this role then click APPLY
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.