Senior Care Assistant
Senior Care Assistant - Auchterarder, PH3
We are recruiting for a Senior Care Assistant to join our clients' care home in Auchterader. They endeavour to offer residents a warm welcome and will ensure to make their stay there as pleasant and comfortable as is possible. The experienced and highly dedicated staff provide each of their residents with the highest quality of care which is tailored to meet their individual needs.
The staff recognise the right to choice, dignity, privacy and independence, as well as creating a safe and comfortable environment.
Job Role: Senior Care Assistant
Salary: £7.50 - £9.00 per hour (dependant on experience and qualifications)
- To participate in the emotional and physical care of residents seeking to provide as far as possible, a happy stimulating and stable environment.
- Help to ensure that all junior and domestic staff contribute to the best of their ability to the efficient running of the home and create a homely atmosphere.
- To assist in the formulation of care plans for new residents and the review of care plans for established residents.
- To assist when authorised by the person in charge with the administration and issue of medications for which the home has taken responsibility and to maintain the necessary records.
- To care for residents by assisting with washing, bathing, dressing and undressing.
- Assisting with toileting requirements if residents, especially those who are physically, mentally frail or confused.
- Assisting residents with their mobility by the use of the mobility aids provided for their use.
- Participate in the development of activities and day care programme for residents in which they can join and will enhance their quality of life.
- To monitor the preparation, cooking and serving of food to ensure standards are met in respect of nutrition, environmental health, special diets etc.
- Reporting observations of alterations in behaviour, physical conditions e.g. changes in skin state, body fluids etc.
- Recording and monitoring care charts.
- To act as key worker to a number of residents and be responsible for the care of those persons' rooms, clothing, emotional needs etc.
- To be fully involved in the social activities and outings with residents.
- To attend and participate in training and staff development programmes as identified in the annual staff appraisal system.
- To support the manager in their duty as responsible officers for the home under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Fire regulations.
- To help the manager maintain such log books and records as may be required by authorities.
- To participate in other duties which may be required from time to time.
What you need:
- SVQ Level 3 in Care practice
- A minimum of two years' experience of working in a care setting
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Well organised
- Commitment to providing a quality service
- Knowledge of the administration of medication desirable
A&C Recruitment Ltd currently specialise in searching and resourcing within the Child care sector. The business was set up to help our clients avoid high recruitment fees and instead charge affordable one off payments to undertake the necessary advertising and candidate searches.
We have a team of experienced account managers, who oversee the day to day running of a client's account, by sending them updates on potential candidates that have been sourced through our recruitment team's searches, or applications to adverts we post online.
If you would like to know more, or are applying for a job through us. Please do not hesitate to contact A&C Recruitment on 01775 729321 and quote AC1363