Project Manager - Nottingham 18 months FTC
Project Manager – Nottingham FTC 18 months
This position is responsible for driving and managing numerous moderate complexity portfolio projects. The position will project-manage cross-functional teams by working closely with all aspects of the product development community: Market Vertical, Product Manager, Technology, etc. Additional responsibilities include building development road maps, managing project schedules, and collaborating to resolve issues in one or more Business Units.Experience and Education
• Strong background of IT PMO experience
• Ideally a Bachelor’s degree in technology, finance, business, or equivalent experience required
• Project governance certification (PMP, PRINCE2, Agile, etc.) required
• Depending on scope and complexity, manage numerous projects.
• Identify and make recommendations for improvement to existing processes and procedures.
• Manage all phases of the project through the Product Development process.
• Define key performance parameters and create regular variance reports to track progress.
• Negotiate with Resource Managers for project resources.
• Maintain compliance with corporate and public regulations.
• Perform data analysis relevant to project tasks.
• Request resource demand and review resource allocation for projects.
• Maintain ownership of and accountability for the project schedule.
• Effectively communicate project status — including schedule variances and mitigation options.
• Actively engage with stakeholders to ensure projects are moving forward, working to remove blocks, rather than just reporting them.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of the software development life cycle.
• Agile knowledge useful.
• Process improvement.
• Excellent negotiation skills.
• Understanding of corporate/public regulations.
• Data analysis skills.
• Strong stakeholder relationship management skills.
• Experience using MS Project, MS Office, and MS Visio.
• Experience coordinating team work flow in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Experience partnering with other project stakeholders to resolve issues and to mitigate project impacts.
• A results-oriented outlook with the ability to prioritize and deliver key initiatives.
• Experience delivering on projects of various size and duration.
• Highly adaptable to changing needs within the organization — adapts to rapidly changing priorities.
• Experience collaborating with others in IT management roles to deliver shared results.
• Strong professionalism and strong interpersonal skills required.
• Detail-oriented and the ability to handle multiple concurrent projects and priorities.
• Strong organization/project planning, time management, and change management skills across multiple functional groups and departments, and strong delegation skills involving prioritizing and reprioritizing projects and managing projects of various size and complexity.
• Strong problem-solving experience involving leading teams in identifying, researching, and coordinating the resources necessary to effectively troubleshoot/diagnose complex project issues; prior success extracting/translating findings into alternatives/solutions; and identifying risks/impacts and schedule adjustments to facilitate management decision-making.
• Strong communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills. Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a wide audience including senior and executive management, customers, etc., including diction/terminology and presenting information in a concise and effective manner to clients, management, and various departments using assorted communication mediums.
LexisNexis Risk Solutions (www.lexisnexis.com/risk) is a leader in providing essential information that helps customers across all industries and government predict, assess and manage risk. Combining cutting-edge technology, unique data and advanced scoring analytics, we provide products and services that address evolving client needs in the risk sector while upholding the highest standards of security and privacy. LexisNexis Risk Solutions is part of RELX (Formerly known as Reed Elsevier), a leading publisher and information provider that serves customers in more than 100 countries with more than 30,000 employees worldwide.
LexisNexis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.