Reliability/Maintenance Engineer - Mon-Fri Days
We are now looking to recruit a Reliability Engineer to work as a planning and projects engineer to assist with the efficiency and reliability of the equipment/machinery onsite. This role would suit a Maintenance Engineer who wishes to take a slight step away from the day to day hands on aspect of a usual maintenance role associated with a manufacturing environment. If you are a maintenance engineer who wishes to get more involved with planning the maintenance department and the efficiencies of the equipment and overall aspect of an engineering department then this could be the next step in progression for you. We are looking for an engineer who likes to get involved and drive improvement projects, to which you may have a background in improving line efficiencies.
The company have manufacturing facilities across the UK and are a well known brand within their field. You will be working in a modern purpose built clean manufacturing environment working Monday to Friday 8am-5pm
Hours/Shift: Mon-Fri 8am-5pm
Background required: Previous experience working within a manufacturing/production environment as a Maintenance Engineer with a passion for projects and continuous improvement. The role will be approx 70/30 Improvements/hands on.
*You may be an Maintenance Engineer who wishes to progress into a projects and improvements role
*You may be a Maintenance Engineer who wishes to come off the day to day hands on activities and drive the engineering department forward improving all aspects of the engineering department.
Essential Skills required:
*City and Guilds/NVQ level 3/HNC/HND or equivalents in an engineering discipline
- To provide hands on manufacturing engineering support to the Operations Department
- To maximise the reliability and efficiency of all process manufacturing equipment at site level
- To prepare, plan and execute effective PPM procedures
- A key objective for this individual is to coordinate engineering activities and standards primarily in the process area, designing out flaws and building in capability to maximise line performance and safety.
- Review and optimise the maintenance PPM system to reduce PPM quantity and improve PPM quality, and to monitor the effectiveness of this.
- Identify and implement skills and training procedures for effective maintenance and operation of equipment, for engineering staff and operators
- Identify, source and ensure availability of correct spares to complete PPM tasks
- Drive a quality culture through the adherence to first class engineering techniques
- Detailed technical guidance for the planning and completion of maintenance activities in conjunction with the production planning department.
- Provide detailed root cause analysis to determine improvement counter measures.
- Providing strong hands on maintenance and engineering support in the area, improving efficiency, safety, quality and cost.
- Plan, implement and execute small in house projects.
The ideal candidate will have as many of the following in order to strengthen application:
- Time served apprenticeship
- Computer literate with knowledge of CMMS (Compute Maintenance Management Systems)
- Knowledge and understanding of continuous improvement/ Lean
- Ability to lead and oversee production demands when the Maintenance Manager is off site
- Previous experience supervising/ leading a team
- 17th edition electrically qualified beneficial
- PLC experience for Fault Finding
- Familiar with AC/DC drives and invertors
- Educated in a relevant engineering discipline - City and Guilds/NVQ level 3/HNC/HND etc
- Knowledge of working with inverter drives
- Knowledge of working with pneumatic and hydraulic systems
In return for your experience as a Reliability/Maintenance Engineer we can offer you:
*Salary of £34,000 per annum
*Private Healthcare, Pensions, onsite parking, 32 days holidays
*Ongoing training and development - Courses available
If you are interested in the Reliability/Maintenance Engineer role, please apply immediately due to the urgency of this role. If you have any questions at all please contact Matthew Brown/Steve Brown on 01332 360055
Nicholas Associates Professional is a highly respected industry leading professional recruitment agency specialising exclusively in Executive Search and Selection, Construction, Engineering and Technical, and Finance and Accountancy roles across the UK and internationally. Working with many of the UK's most well-known client brands, we are passionate about matching the best talent to the best roles.
Nicholas Associates Professional is part of Nicholas Associates Group, a market leading partner of choice for talent management solutions, from Apprentice to Boardroom. For us, it's all about enabling people to be their best.
To find out more about us please visit nicholasassociates.co.uk