Main Purpose of the Role
To provide leadership to all factory and transport employees and efficiently manage and co-ordinate all aspects of the manufacturing process; in so doing ensure the safety of employees and quality of the finished product.
- Overseeing the production process, ensuring all materials, warehousing and manufacturing activities are undertaken in accordance with the agreed procedures and specifications such that the finished product integrity is not compromised.
- Monitoring the production process and adjusting schedules as needed to achieve targets.
- Ensuring that production is cost effective.
- Making sure that the products are produced on time and are of good quality.
- Monitoring product standards and implementing quality-control programmes.
- Ensure that labour utilisation is maximised at all times.
- Oversee the transport department ensuring deliveries are carried out complete and on time every time and that the vehicle maintenance schedules are adhered too.
- Organise machinery maintenance, servicing and repairs to maintain the continuous operation of the factory and ensure all maintenance record sheets are kept up to date.
- Liaise with installations to ensure all timescales are achievable.
- Liaise with purchasing to ensure all monthly stock products are ordered on time and items for return are returned in the required timeframe.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the factory and ensure all products are labelled as required and stored in their designated location.
- Working with other managers to implement the companies policies and goals and meet performance review objectives,
- Support maintenance & development of ISO9001:20015 Quality Management System.
- Ensure all factory and transport employees work in accordance with the companies Health and Safety Regulations.
- Keep the motivation and harmony alive in the factory and ensure start and finish times are maintained for optimum productivity.
- Experienced in factory management and manufacturing.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Communication, influencing and assertiveness.
- Decision making and sound business judgement, demonstrates a desire to achieve in line with the strategic aims of the business
- Quality management / Delivering customer requirements
- Treats the company investment as their own
- Acts with a sense of urgency and tracks tasks to completion
- Shares personal knowledge and skills with others
- Sets clear direction for teams which is linked to the company vision and priorities.
- Reacts quickly and effectively and gets the required support where business performance is jeopardised.
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal skills.
- PC literate.
HNC / HND in manufacturing or Manufacturing Degree
Factory Opening Hours 7.30 – 4.30pm Monday to Friday
20 days holiday per anum + Bank Holidays
Salary 35k + Bonus