Travelodge has an exciting opportunity for a Revenue Manager to join the team based in Thame, Oxfordshire. You will be on a full time permanent basis with a highly competitive salary of up to Up to £35,000 per annum.
The job in a nutshell
As Revenue Manager you’ll be responsible for achieving your sector revenue budget as set out in the Business Plan. The primary aim of the role is to improve revenue by utilising the revenue management system (IDeaS) for a region of hotels. You’ll focus on delivering RevPAR improvement with an aim to over deliver planned revenue budget and gain competitive advantage.
What you’ll be doing as our Revenue Manager
- Manage price and yield tactics across a cluster of hotels
- Work within IDeaS to ensure that the revenue management strategies are appropriate
- Undertake regular forecast validations within IDeaS to ensure optimal decisions are being deployed
- Monitor demand drivers and changes to ensure market conditions are swiftly reacted to and maximised
- Develop and own commercial strategies for each hotel, in association with the Area Revenue Managers (ARM) and the Sales and Marketing teams
- Attend regular commercial reviews with the ARM to discuss trading performance, revenue strategies, and forecast positions
- Regular interaction with the IDeaS ROA teams to ensure that the forecasts are deploying optimal results, and working with the ROA teams to adjust forecast where required
- Work with the Premium Events Team to ensure that revenue strategies on and around event dates are appropriate
- Influence the Hotel Bookings Support team to ensure the balance between the commercial focus and Customer Journey is maintained
What we’ll expect from our Revenue Manager
You’ll be proactive in your approach with demonstrable revenue management experience and have experience of making key commercial decisions and being accountable for them. You’ll thrive in an environment which will rely on your commercial drive and acumen and your ability to analyse data and identify trends. You’ll have experience of developing and delivering forecasts and budgets.
Naturally a strong communicator and influencer, you’ll be seeking a role to use these skills in a fast-paced environment. To be a real success in the role, you’ll be detail orientated, flexible to changing business needs and keen to work on your own initiative. Ideally you will be educated to graduate level or equivalent and have experience of IDeaS RMS, and good Excel skills.
What you can expect from us
At Travelodge, we are warm, straightforward and optimistic. We have a big footprint in the UK, but still a small company feel and you can expect quality and value to be built in to everything we do. You’ll have the support of a close network of colleagues and managers, and every day is different here! We want you to bring your personality to work and we love our diversity.
Reward and recognition
It’s not just our customers we want to wake up with a smile on their face. As well as a competitive salary, being part of our hotel support centre means great holiday entitlements, pension contribution deals, being part of our bonus scheme, and a Thanks Card giving generous room and food discounts as well as friends and family rates.
Career and development
We want you to develop further with us at Travelodge and we’ll provide you a development plan to help you reach your goals. You can expect to have a full induction and training relevant to your role. We advertise all our vacancies internally, so you’ll have the opportunity to really develop your career with Travelodge.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Revenue Manager then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!