NRG are currently recruiting for a Test Analyst for a prestigious establishment based in Newcastle.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Support the Faculty or Service Management Team by coordinating and contributing to the provision of professional expertise and support ensuring that the service provides high levels of stakeholder satisfaction.
- Organise, plan and prioritise own work activities, and the work of others where appropriate, to contribute to the achievement of Faculty or Service objectives and professional standards.
- Respond positively to feedback by proactively reviewing processes, procedures and practices to ensure that the needs and expectations of relevant stakeholders are met.
- Contribute to the development of a collaborative, collegiate and inclusive culture, by sharing information and good practice with others.
- Work co-operatively and maintain effective relationships with others, internally and externally to the client, as appropriate to own area of responsibility.
- Develop and maintain a specialist knowledge of own area of responsibility.
- Demonstrate a flexible attitude to change to support the University to meet existing and future needs.
- Act corporately, promoting the ‘One University’ principle and promoting the Faculty or Service within and outside the University where appropriate.
- Undertake other responsibilities as required.
- Accepts responsibility for creation of test cases using own in-depth technical analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications (such as reliability, efficiency, usability, maintainability and portability).
- Produces test scripts, materials and regression test packs to test new and amended software or services.
- Specifies requirements for environment, data, resources and tools.
- Interprets, executes and documents complex test scripts using agreed methods and standards.
- Records and analyses actions and results, and maintains a defect register.
- Reviews test results and modify tests if necessary.
- Provides reports on progress, anomalies, risks and issues associated with the overall project. Reports on system quality and collects metrics on test cases.
Salary: £27,000 - £32,500 plus fantastic benefits.