Critical Shift Engineering Manager
Critical Shift Engineering Manager - Surrey - Critical Data Centre - Up to £55,000
Day role 08h00 till 17h00, Site based.
Critical Shift Engineering Manager required by one of the UK's leading building services maintenance providers
The Critical Shift Engineering Manager must have previous experience working in a critical environment / Data Centre and have a valid HV ticket as will be required to be site HV AP. in addition to this you will also be required to have a minimum of 2 years experience with regards to the following:
- Minimum of 2 Years experience of operating and managing a P&L
- Minimum of 2 Years experience of operating a critical site in the technical position of engineering manager or technical supervisor
- Critical data experience
- Management of the change control system and the processes that govern critical works
- Writing and approving switching schedules (MOPS) as well as training of shift members
- Creating equipment PPM?s, training and managing the shift teams delivery thereof
- Critical data centre environment is preferred but if you have no critical data centre experience, then ideally you should have worked on a critical site such as a hospital / large multi-tenanted office block with trading floors / comms rooms etc.
- You should ideally also understand safety switching schedules (MOP?s) and be in a position to act as competent persons in a supporting role to site AP?s.
- You should have extensive experience (2 years plus) delivering mechanical and electrical equipment PPM?s and be confident working with computer based cafm / cmms systems.
- You should understand change control and the processes that govern critical works.
- There will be overtime available to cover sickness and holiday with some critical weekend works available from time to time.
The successful candidate will look after the day to day engineering as well as managing all sub contractors as well as being Senior Authorised person for the site. The ideal candidate will come from a similar environment to this.
The purpose of this position:
* Run a team responding to any breakdown failure and the planned preventative maintenance to all the above equipment.
* Ensure all critical plant is maintained
* Manage PPM schedule.
* Experience in managing P&L budgets
* Organise subcontract labour.
* Organise labour and the procurement of materials and parts.
* Responsible for Health & Safety, risk assessment, permits etc.
* Technical backup for the team.
* Attend client meetings and carry out reports
Applicants for the role must be able to meet the following criteria:
* Fully electrically qualified to recognised level. ie C&G
* 17th Edition Wiring Regs
* MUST be HV AP15
* Previous experience within a Data Centre or Banking environment
* Happy to work in a "hands-on" capacity as and when needed.
* Able to write reports and carry out quotes.
* Previous experience of supervising staff and sub-contractors
* Strong IT skills.
* Be smart and presentable.
* Be able to demonstrate good people skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a very large organisation that offers training and career development to their long standing staff. The position comes with a very favourable benefits package;
* Basic Salary up to £55,000
* Regular Overtime
* 25 days holiday
* Mon - Fri (08:00 - 17:00)