Job Title - Site Manager
Package - £38,000 - £45,000 DOE
Location - Leeds
Reference Number - DNY/83728
We are currently searching for an experienced Site Manager, for our client a highly successful contractor that has experienced steady growth and has established themselves as a leading name in the Social Housing market and specialise in Decent Homes, Refurbishment, Planned and Reactive Maintenance and Voids. Their projects are all based in the Leeds area, making this a great opportunity for an individual in the area looking for a local opportunity. We are looking for a passionate individual with a strong track record in delivering exceptional projects on time and on budget.
- Manage the site and ensuring the work is completed safely, on time, within budget and to the required quality by effectively organising and managing the site activities
- Support the business in building and operating a team to achieve company objectives by assisting the Senior
- Management in the formulation of contractual strategies and ensuring that such strategies are implemented
- Carry out 'toolbox talks' in line with the work areas programme and maintain records
- Monitor reportable accidents and ensure correct paperwork is submitted to appropriate personnel
- Identify the need for Risk Assessments / Safe Systems of work and implement in your area whilst maintaining records
- Manage and implement H&S procedures including the weekly audit process and ensuring all registers and documentation are entered correctly and in a timely manner
- Deliver changes to current working practices and procedures to provide service improvements through negotiation and consultation with recognised employee representatives, whilst ensuring effective employee relations
- Understand budgets, valuations and costs whilst recognising contractual requirements
- Control and monitor the use of all resources including sub-contractors to maximise efficiency and minimise costs
- Support the procurement functions in the selections of sub-contractors and suppliers and provide performance feedback
- Ensure that adequate site records are maintained including but not limited to Site Managers reports, daily diary, weekly labour, plant, materials and goods returned, progress photographs, site inductions, and health and safety records
- Contribute to HR requirements, carry out annual PPRs, identify training needs, monitor operative attendance etc
- Ensuring staff you are responsible for understand their roles and responsibilities, and manage them accordingly by providing guidance and training as necessary
To be successful in the role you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- CSCS Card
- First Aid
- Must have 2+ years' experience within the social housing sector
- Have excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Must be computer literate
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV.
Due to the vast amount of applications that we receive, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants; therefore only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear anything back within 7 days of submitting your application, you have unfortunately not been selected.
Linsco are an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.