Business Development Manager
A recent product launch and the critical acclaim it has achieved has enabled our client to set up a new and exciting smart home technology scale-up company in Leeds. The VC backed business requires an experienced business development Manager to help the company deliver on the commercial promise of its innovative home security products and services. This is an opportunity for the right candidate to shape their role.
To be considered for this role you must provide a cover letter with your application highlighting revenue you have generated in previous roles
Main responsibilities include:
- Identifying and pursuing new retail partners and distributors
- Pitching products and services to retail partners and distributors
- Maintaining commercially successful relationships with existing partners and distributors
- Working in cross functional teams to deliver on commercial agreements
- Researching organisations and individuals online (including social media) to identify new leads and potential new markets
- Researching the needs of other companies and learning who makes decisions about purchasing and partnerships
- Contacting potential retailers, partners and distributors via email or phone to establish rapport and set up meetings
- Preparing for meetings and creating compelling pitch documents
- Developing commercial proposal in conjunction with, product and legal teams
- Pitching senior executives and board level executives on new retail opportunities and partnership initiatives
- Working closely with Marketing to plan and oversee new retail, partner and distributor marketing initiatives
- Attending conferences, meetings and industry events
- Maintaining accurate CRM records and legal documentation
Key Skills & Requirements:
- Strong communication and IT fluencyCreative talents and the ability to solve complex problems across organisations and departmentsAbility to negotiate with both internal and external senior stakeholdersSmart home, consumer electronics or insurance industry knowledge would be advantageousThe ability to handle pressure and meet deadlinesSkill in prioritizing and triaging urgent issuesAttention to detailExcellent time management and organisationPositive, ‘get things done’ attitude to your workCommercially savvy with understanding and experience of constructing complex deals with many stakeholdersUsed to working without direct supervision and being able to organise and develop relationships without direct inputHave high ethical standards that can be clearly demonstrated by past behaviours
It may be an advantage if you had:
- Experience in selling into major UK and International retailers both online and offline.
- Past experience of working in a fast-moving environment ideally in a software, technology or consumer market.
In return our client offers a basic salary of £30,000 - £35,000 per annum, plus 25 days holiday and other benefits
If you feel you match or indeed exceed these requirements and wish to apply, please send us your CV along with a covering letter quoting reference number RD1764.
Noble HR Solutions trading as Recruitment Doctor is acting as an Employment Agency in this matter