Job Title - Materials Buyer
Package - Up to £40,000
Location - Melton, Suffolk
Reference Number - STY2/1709
We are currently searching for an experienced Buyer, for our client a highly successful housing developer that has experienced steady growth and has established themselves as a leading name in the Residential market. Their projects are all based in the Melton, Suffolk, making this a great opportunity for an individual in the area looking for a local opportunity. We are looking for a passionate individual with a strong track record in delivering exceptional projects on time and on budget.
- Support the procurement and implementation of group sourcing arrangements.
- Support the Lead Buyers as required with regards to efficient and effective plant and material purchasing function for the group
- Actively contribute to enhancing group profits;
- Support the strategic procurement of group sourcing arrangements;
- Category Management - Support the Lead Buyer (Categories) in providing ongoing management of (in conjunction with the Lead Buying Team) on behalf of group for all strategic sourcing arrangements;
- Champion the implementation of strategic sourcing arrangements across group. Track and report material and plant fluctuations.
- Provide pre-tender commercial input to ensure accurate net cost estimates and competitive advantage;
- Attendance and participation in Design Team Meetings to influence and steer specifications towards most commercially advantageous solutions;
- Maintain and publish regular and accurate management reporting demonstrating the effectiveness of the central purchasing function and contribution to the group profit improvement / efficiency plan;
- Drive the development of improved purchasing processes and procedures;
- Participate and contribute to regular group purchasing meetings and forums to communicate developments, share good practice and up skill our people.
- Participate in establishing the group as the industry leader in Supply Chain Management.
To be successful in the role you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Ideally have relevant property developer experience
- A proven track record of being able to negotiate and broker competitive prices with suppliers, control costs
- Be able to work autonomously with efficient time management
- Excellent communications and problem solving skills
- Good computer literacy, including Word and Excel together
- A full clean driving licence is essential
- Knowledge of the COINS operating system would be an advantage
- Educated to GCSE Standard (or equivalent) including English and Maths
- Good level of computer literacy, including Microsoft Office
- Good negotiation skills
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV.
Due to the vast amount of applications that we receive, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants; therefore only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear anything back within 7 days of submitting your application, you have unfortunately not been selected.
Linsco are an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.