Business Development Manager
The Organisation:Our client are revolutionising the way hospitals and patients communicate with each other. Through an intelligent smartphone platform, they are transforming NHS operations making it easier for patients to manage their appointments and gain more transparency. With over 4 million active users of their service, patients are more likely to turn up to appointments, saving the average NHS hospital £2m every year.After a period of rapid growth, they are now looking to hire a Business Development Manager to join their team. For the successful candidate this is an excellent career opportunity to become part of a growing start-up, as a core member of the business, building upon a well-established business development function.This is an office-based role in London, with some flexibility to work from home, and travel required to visit clients within the UK.
This role is directly reporting to the Directors. They’re looking for a tenacious, ambitious and highly motivated sales individual with at least 5 years’ experience selling solutions within the health tech sector or NHS
Specific activities will include:·Prospecting, pursuing and securing new business from scratch. Creative and persistent new business acquisition is core to this role·Determining client needs and creating opportunities to sell to different job titles within an organisation is a must·Offering solutions to customer problems through matching the features and service to their requirements. Understanding company and individual business challenges is critical to the role, and experience in solution selling is essential·Achieving revenue targets by quickly stimulating numerous sales opportunities and rapidly seeing them through to close is of course crucial·Building up long term relationships and developing account plans for revenue growth will also be part of the roleThere will be a personal use phone and laptop provided 25 days holiday and the flexibility to work from home if needed.Experience and skills:
- 5 + years in software selling solutions, preferably within the health tech or NHS sector
- Proven track record of exceeding all revenue target set
- Ability to meet with C Level Executives and pitch a product to them face to face
- Skilled at developing and qualifying leads to drive additional sales opportunities through cold-calling, networking, and other lead generation opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Professional demeanour, trustworthy, comfortable engaging with senior executives as needed.
- Self-motivated, creative and resourceful - not afraid to pick up the phone and close a sale.
- PC literate [Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint], experience with Salesforce highly advantageous.