Hours: 4 on 4 off (2 days 7am-7pm 2 nights 7pm-7am
£25,000 rising to £28,000 after a probationary period
My food manufacturing Client is seeking an experienced Hygiene Team Leader to join their team.
Food processing is highly mechanised, which means that machines as well as production area will have to be cleaned to highest possible standards. Your role will be to assist the Services Manager in leading a team of Hygiene Operatives, forward planning to make best use of the resources (team, time, materials, and equipment).The successful candidate would have to have previous experience working in a similar position and would have to be able to work independently and additionally supervising others. You would have to be self-motivated, be able to work quickly, efficiently as well as accurately to make sure that production can start on time. Some of your duties will include:
- Following standard operating procedures and cleaning schedules
- Using cleaning equipment and chemicals at the correct levels
- Ensuring that machinery and production areas of the factory are cleaned to appropriate standards ready for manufacturing
- Working closely with managers making them aware of any H&S or hygiene issues
The sucessful Hygiene Supervisor will be able to present previous experience in a similar role and:
- Be able to clearly communicate to the team what is needed
- Be able to understand how team motivation will have a direct impact on productivity
- Be able to act as decision maker in the absence of the warehouse manager
- Be able to fairly delegate tasks and deliver training whenever necessary
- Be punctual, reliable, enthusiastic and motivated
- Be flexible (earlier starts, later finishes)
- Have a very good numeracy and literacy skills and be computer literate
- Food Hygiene & Safety certificate as well as COSHH training would be of advantage
HEADS Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on LinkedIn.