Marks Sattin are currently working with a York based educational establishment looking to recruit a Senior Accountant.
You will ensure the Financial Management processes are delivered in accordance with the highest governance and professional standards, ensuring all decisions are made with the benefit of clear and timely financial information and advice. You will support and advise the Director and Deputy Director of Finance on actions to improve financial performance and deliver best value for money.
- Provide financial support and advice to Senior Managers.
- Preparation of annual budgets, forecast outturn and five year forecasts.
- Verification and sense checking of data from business systems.
- Ensure the preparation of monthly financial performance reports.
- Monitor financial performance.
- Maintain effective collaborative relationships with all stakeholders.
The right person:
- Hold a professional accounting qualification.
- Significant and successful post qualification finance experience.
- A successful track record in financial, human resource and project management.
- Successful experience of preparing budgets and management & statutory accounts.
- Experience of presenting complex issues to people in a clear and concise manner.
If this role sounds right for you then please apply now.