Group Treasury Accounts Assistant
We are looking to add to our vibrant and professional Finance team here at Skipton Building Society.
Joining our Finance team as a Group Treasury Accounts Assistant you will be key to supporting the team ensure relevant accounting standards are appropriately and consistently applied to all Treasury Financial instruments. The Finance team is responsible for providing support services to the business to the highest standard, underpinned by an effective control environment.
If you are looking to pursue a career within Finance and have the desire to study for a relevant qualification (ACCA/CIMA), please submit your latest CV.
The primary role of the Group Treasury Accounting team is to ensure accounting standards are appropriately applied and guidance provided on the correct accounting treatment for proposed new Treasury transactions.
- Support the team in the monthly production of the hedge accounting numbers to assess hedge effectiveness
- Support the team in the production of the annual statutory Treasury accounts
- Produce the Treasury capital / risk and financial regulatory returns
In return for all your hard work and commitment, you will get the support and recognition you deserve. You can expect a structured training and development programme tailored to your needs. You will also be eligible for the following:
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Life Cover
- 25 days’ holiday, plus one day for each year you’re with us, up to a maximum of 30 days (pro rata when working on a reduced hours basis)
- SBS offer a range of preferential employee savings & insurance products
- Paid course fees to study for a professional qualification (where relevant to the role)
- Childcare vouchers
- Head Office onsite shop and internet cafe
- An opportunity to join Simply Health Cash Plan – offering twenty annual benefits including dental care, optical care and physiotherapy
- Option to donate to charity direct through Payroll Giving
- Online employee benefits scheme offering discounts with hundreds of high street and online retailers
- Eye Tests
- Car Allowance – if applicable to role
- More senior roles also offer access to group income protection and private medical care
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Support the Accountant / (Assistant) in the monthly hedge accounting process and movements have been analysed
- Support the Accountant / (Assistant) in reviewing requirements for new instruments / transactions in a timely manner
- Production of regulatory returns, reviewing any regulatory developments, documenting decisions to be reviewed and signed off by the Group Treasury Accounting Manager
- Reconciliation of the Treasury Management position to the Treasury Management GL and Finance Aptos GL
- Support the Accountant / (Assistant) in the completion of the Treasury areas of the statutory accounts and relevant disclosures and Pillar 3 information
- Adhering to all relevant policies, processes and practices applicable to Finance
- Continuously challenge and suggest ways of improving tasks/processes, involving and satisfying all stakeholders
- Active management of own development including contribution to individual objectives and providing feedback on a regular basis
- Ideally you will have a relevant degree qualification or degree equivalent
- An ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written to influence/direct others at an appropriate level
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work accurately, within strict deadlines and under pressure
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships both within the team and the wider business and with external customers
- Ability to raise queries and challenge existing practices
- A fast learner with the ability to think on their own two feet and the confidence to input ideas into work related and personal objectives.
- Ability to use own initiative and work with minimum supervision within a team or individually
- Experience of interpreting and communicating complex information
- Experience of planning and prioritising own workloads
At Skipton Building Society we are not just another Financial Services Institution we are a mutual organisation, which means we are owned by our members and believe in placing them at the heart of everything we do.
The same goes for our people. We can only be successful as a business if we have great people and we believe in treating people as individuals. Our values are Trust, Ownership and One Team which reflect the attitudes and way of working everyone here displays on a daily basis, and which are key to the delivery of the outstanding level of personal service we offer our customers.