Page Personnel Finance are recruiting a Financial Accountant for a fast paced, dynamic and national business in Nottingham. This role will give you the opportunity to work as part of a large finance team at a market leading c. £1 billion turnover business.
Our client is a national, successful and market leading business. Its head office is just outside of Nottingham city centre (commutable via public transport) and it has state of the art premises. It is a sociable, dynamic and vibrant company that invests in its people, which is revealed through its Investors in People Accreditation and continued commitment to provide its finance staff with study support.
The Financial Accountant will be reporting into the Senior Financial Accountant. Duties will be extremely varied, but will include:
- Monthly balance sheet reviews and reconciliations, including taxes
- Monthly VAT payments on account to HMRC
- Quarterly reconciliation and completion of VAT Return
- Monthly PAYE reconciliations and payments to HMRC
- Corporation tax quarterly payments and assistance with preparation of tax packs
- Assistance with the interim and year end statutory accounts
- Assisting with the external audit process
- Ad hoc projects as required
- Assisting Purchase Ledger Clerks with invoice coding queries
- Co-administrator/authorisation for company banking
- Preparation of weekly dashboard KPIs
- Review and maintenance of Head Office monthly P&Ls
- Calculation and posting of prepayments and accruals
- Dealing with inter-company queries
- Maintenance of fixed asset register, calculation and posting of depreciation and other adjustments
To apply for this role, you:
- Will have experience of some of the above duties
- Will ideally be studying CIMA or ACCA
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Must be a strong communicator
This is a permanent opportunity at a dynamic and fast paced environment. The client is offering a salary between £23,000 and £30,000 (dependent upon experience and qualification), full study support for CIMA or ACCA, salary increments upon completion of CIMA or ACCA exams and flexible working.