Embedded Software Engineer
Embedded Software Engineer
Technologies: Embedded, C, Java, Android
Condeco's world-class suite of workspace management solutions are essential tools in the strategies employed by senior business leaders at major multinational brands such as Barclays, Chevron and GE as they seek to optimise their real estate and transform the way they operate their business.
Our Development Centre, based in Newcastle consists of highly skilled software architects, developers and testers, all operating in a dynamic environment following an agile methodology.
The Embedded Software Engineer will be expected to:
- Work within a small, agile team of software engineers in Newcastle, UK to deliver high quality hardware products that work seamlessly with Condeco's enterprise software products.
- Work with the Lead Software Engineer, Product Manager and Architects to define deliveries and work within schedule.
- Design, implement, and provide engineering support across a range of platform technologies, protocols and languages.
- Work with the Quality Assurance team to ensure that the software is fully unit tested, can be performance tested, and passes the companies quality requirements.
- Work with the Engineering Department's processes and tools ensuring best practices are adhered to on every project.
- Regularly participate in development meetings, and occasionally participate in department meetings.
- Previously worked at a senior embedded software engineer level in a commercial product company delivering a range of tablet or sensor related products for at least 5 years.
- Delivered embedded android projects, customising the android source tree to deliver changes in the underlying OS
- Knowledge of C and Java
- Solid understanding of software engineering concepts, preferably with experience in Agile methodologies, and some experience in traditional Waterfall methodologies (i.e., version control systems, peer coding, code reviews, unit testing, continuous integration, release management, etc.).
- Excellent understanding of testing and quality assurance, including unit-tests, test plans, virtual test environments, and release management.
- Experience with jira, git
- Delivered firmware, embedded application projects
- Experience creating android apps for testing purposes
- Sound knowledge of common web services protocols (HTTP, SSL, REST).
- Knowledge of mesh networking protocols, 802.15.4 radio standard and background in mesh networking stacks, eg Zigbee, 6LowPan
- Bluetooth and RFID
You'll enjoy working as part of our award winning and industry leading agile development team. You must have good listening, verbal and written communication skills and be a good team player.