Senior Data Warehouse Developer
Based at the company head office near Bolton, this role sits within the Business Intelligence function and is key to the operation of the business as a whole. The role report to the BI Manager and will act as the go to person for that role.
Our client is a fast growing equity backed business with strong growth plans in the sector.
DescriptionAs the Senior Data Warehouse Developer you will be responsible for the business systems and data silos to deliver smooth business operations and a joined-up view of all our business data.Key responsibilities will include:
- Understanding how to design and construct Data Warehouse elements in multiple ways to incorporate varying data sources into the Data Warehouse.
- Understanding how database systems can be modelled into usable, business ready data.
- Having a working knowledge of how databases work, including backups, transaction logs, database corruption and database objects.
- Defining the architecture and relationships of the business systems.
- Manage the continuous integration of data into the Data Warehouse.
- Promote the usage and benefits of the Data Warehouse to business users.
- Monitoring of the database in order to provide a clear, consistent picture for the Data Warehouse which sits upon it.
- Suggest and deliver new systems and system improvements.
- Increasing connectivity between systems, building automated workflows and data checks to constantly improve the smooth running, data integrity and accurate reporting.
- Work to better integrate 3rd party data which we buy for the business.
ProfileTo be considered for the role of Senior Data Warehouse Developer based near Bolton, you will need to display the following skill set.
- A Degree in a computing related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive experience in Data Warehouse development within a commercial environment.
- Experience working with customers at all levels of business to gather requirements and translate them into solutions using the necessary skills.
- Experience working with the Microsoft Stack elements; SSIS, T-SQL. MS SQL skills and DBA skills are essential as this role serves as the expert in this area.
- SSAS and SQL Server Replication exposure is desirable but not essential.
Up to £50,000 + car plus benefits