Health & Safety Advisor
A fantastic opportunity for a Health & Safety Advisor to join a privately owned, groundworks contractor. This is a great opportunity for someone who is either early on in their safety career or has a grounding in the construction industry and is passionate about developing a career in health & safety.
Joining an established Health & Safety team within hugely successful family owned and run groundworks contractor who have a well deserved reputation for rewarding loyalty and hard work. This would be a great opportunity to develop or carve out a Health & Safety career within a widely respected organization.
Visiting up to 10 sites per week with an average value of £2m throughout the West Midlands and South West , with one working day in the office.
Responsibilities will include;
- Promote a positive H&S Culture within the Company
- Assist with policy formation when required
- Produce RAMS
- Planned site visits and audits including reporting and follow up actions
- Identify training needs and deliver on site training including toolbox talks
- Investigate accidents and incidents
- Ensure company compliance with CDM regulations and other relevant statutes
- Candidates will ideally have degree in Health and Safety or NEBOSH General or equivalent
- Worked as a Health and Safety manage/advisor on construction projects or have a construction background
- Ability to work independently as well as contributing to team and companywide strategy
- Efficient audit monitoring skills and excellent written and verbal communication
- IT literate
- Promote a positive working together culture