Major Contract Hire Desk Supervisor
Due to an increase in business, a marker leader who works nationally with utility companies across water, gas, electricity, rail and telecommunications sectors is recruiting a working and hands on Hire Desk Supervisor to work with one of their major contracts. Based in Castleford and reporting to the Area Hire Manager, this role will include the supervision of one hire desk controller with responsibility for ensuring the efficient hiring of plant, vehicles and accommodation to one of the major contracts.
Liaising with key internal departments; meeting preferred suppliers re pricing and service level agreement compliance, develop positive relationships with key account personnel
- Report running and analysis of data
- Managing invoice queries to ensure timely resolution
- Receiving and handling calls in relation to the hire of equipment.
- Control all aspects of asset hire management and status, ensuring that input is accurate
- Liaise with the internal plant team to ensure that the use of owned equipment is optimised
Key Competencies and Skills required
- Previous extensive Plant Hire Desk/Office experience is essential, preferably in a supervisory capacity
- Clear and analytical decision maker who is able to prioritise and respond to deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to and work with colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Numerate and literate with good written and oral communication skills
- Good IT Skills with experience of Microsoft Office and Excel, working knowledge of Insphire would be advantageous
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation who firmly believe their people are the key to the service they provide and offer a rewarding career with ongoing training and personal development plus good employee benefits. Hours – Mon – Thurs 7.30am – 5pm, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and free on site car parking.