Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner
Herts and Essex
Salary: circa £60,000 - 70,000 per annum depending on experience + Bonus & Benefits
Our client is one of the largest providers of passenger transport in Europe, employing more than 60,000 people and delivering more than 2.2 billion passenger journeys across 14 European countries each year.
They now have an excellent opportunity for a high calibre Finance Business Partner to add value across all areas of the operations company. Working alongside the Area Managing Director (AMD) holding monthly financial reviews with the AMD, tracking issues, supporting the team, providing insights, using both financial and non-financial data, adding value from a financial perspective, you will act as an FD to the Herts and Essex area to ensure the revenue and EBIT are achieved.
Working with General Managers and depot teams during the month to ensure they are on target and have guidance where required. You will also liaise with the shared services finance team to ensure correct production of OpCo financials. On a wider perspective, you will also be responsible for budget creation, forecasting and rebasing as appropriate.
Reporting into the Finance Director, working with the AMD for Herts and Essex you will have a risk assistant working for you who will evaluate risk and insurance side of your remit. Ideally you will live near our client's Hemel or Harlow depots and be able to travel to the 6 depots in the area on a regular basis. You will be required to work at Maidstone one day per week, which is where their FD is based in their Regional office.
Excellent package for the right person including a strong salary, 15% discretionary bonus, car or car allowance and generous employer pension contribution.
- Accounting qualification ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Desire to progress within the company as this is a high-profile role with great upwards potential; the ideal candidate should be able deputise for the OpCo Finance Director
- An eye for accuracy to ensure a quality output every time, both financially and verbally
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to both constructively challenge and influence at all levels
- An ability to establish credibility with senior leaders across the company and work with them to help provide valuable commercial support and business insight
- Have the ability to work independently and proactively (there will be no immediate line management), identifying where improvements can be made in all aspects of our activity without being pushed to do so
- Have the ability to make a significant commercial contribution in understanding the underlying performance drivers of the business
- Be a strong all-rounder with demonstrable track record in commercial analysis and evaluation and business planning / evaluation
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.