A great opportunity for an accounts assistant, reporting directly into the financial controller. The duties will be as per below however happy to consider candidates slightly more junior who want to be trained and developed.
A well established 45 years plus organisation with a reputation of being the global leader in its respective field. A varied role within a friendly supportive environment.
This role is reporting into the Financial Controller.The duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for running month end on the Sales and Purchase Ledgers and producing the required reports.
- Maintaining the fixed asset register.
- Assisting with monthly reporting requirements and preparation.
- Inputting monthly journals onto the nominal ledger in a timely manner.
- Assistance with reconciling variances to budget on an ongoing basis.
- Reconciliation of ledger accounts.
- Completing weekly bank reconciliations and posting bank transactions.
- Preparation of VAT returns and EC Sales Reports.
- Having a working knowledge of the purchase ledger processes
- Posting and allocating receipts
- Manage the sales ledger accounts, including assisting with credits, statements, overdue accounts and general credit control.
- Overseeing web sales, including posting and allocating Paypal and other credit card receipts and dealing with related queries on a daily basis.
The successful candidate must:
- Have experience working a similar finance role - Essential
- Have exposure with Month End and the wider finance functions - Essential
- Be a strong communicator with attention for detail - Essential
- Be AAT qualified - Desirable
- Have experience with double entry bookkeeping - Desirable
The role is paying for £18,000 to £20,000 per annum + Parking + Progression