Your new position
Reporting direct to the General Estates Manager you will deliver an annual works programme that ensures the adoption of safe working practices during the maintenance and repair of the estate. The programme will consist of Backlog, Lifecycle, Minor works and Change in line with agreed design, cost and time. You will undertake sub-contractor management in line with requirements and the business.
- Delivery of Additional Works in accordance with Government Regulatory and Statutory undertakings, complying with all Health & Safety and Environmental standards and policies
- Review Risk Assessments and Method Statements to ensure they are to an acceptable standard
- Ensure appropriate work plans and budgets are in place to achieve programmes and financial commitments, whilst meeting the changing operational need.
- Ensure compliance with the Asbestos register and management plan and the Legionella management plan.
- Identify opportunities on establishments that will support the MoD's carbon reduction targets.
- Liaise with the local Operations team to ensure site knowledge and on-going maintenance requirements are fully incorporated in the planning and delivery of Additional Works.
- Comply with the agreed system of reporting of the physical and financial progress of Additional Works, including planned milestone payments.
- Manage cost and stakeholder expectation through excellent communication and sound commercial decisions to ensure value for money
What you'll need to succeed
- Demonstrable experience of supervising staff in Project Management
- Proven experience of Leading an operational team to achieve KPIs and Stakeholder management
- Proven experience in Management of costs, Planning, directing and controlling activities
- Experience in Management of Safe Systems of Work and supervising site operations,
- Agreeing scope and priorities of work
- Proactive performance management
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions
- Significant experience in Construction, Property Maintenance or related field
- Experience of operating in an MOD environment
- Good working knowledge of CDM regulations
- Experience of the Asbestos at Work Act, DDA, energy performance, Sustainability etc.
- NEC3 contract requirements
- Familiarity with geography and establishments within area of responsibility
- Developed communication skills are required to influence internally and externally across the business
- Make sound and timely decisions, using technical knowledge and practical experience
- Maintains high standards for quality and achievement in a changing environment and maintains focus to deliver results
- HND level qualification in a Building/Civil Engineering or Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Management level qualification in H&S and Environment (e.g. SMSTS)
- Continuing Professional Development
- Developed IT skills (e.g. Excel, Word etc.)
- Associate Member of a relevant professional body (e.g. APM)
- Accredited training qualification in Asbestos Responsible Person, Legionella Responsible Person, Authorised Person Training desirable
What you'll get in return
- In return a market leading salary plus package
The next step?
Click apply for an immediate call back or contact Adele at Girling Jones for a full detailed brief on the role.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.