Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire
Salary: £23,000 Per Annum (6-month probationary period)
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Global Water Intelligence is looking for a keen, enthusiastic research analyst to join our Oxford team to work on market research projects tailored for professionals in the water sector. We specialise in high-level business intelligence, and our analytical, industry-focused reports are essential reading for those who need a clear understanding of the rapidly expanding global water industry.
This position would suit a recent graduate, who is looking to begin a career in publishing with a fast growing young company with a very international outlook.
As a research analyst, you would work closely with a team on our market intelligence reports and consultancy projects.
Typical work activities would include:
- Picking up the essentials of a new field quickly through background research.
- Collecting and analysing data and information from published sources, proprietary sources and interviews conducted with industry experts.
- Working out what "stories" the data is telling in order to build up a picture of both the current marketplace and what is likely to happen in the future.
- Writing sections of our reports to communicate these findings to an appropriate audience (e.g. consultancy clients, investors, water sector specialists, etc).
- Must be able to make connections across different datasets and identify interesting trends from both quantitative and qualitative information.
- Excellent written English and verbal communication skills.
- Good attention to detail, taking pride in a high quality end-product.
- A team player who delights equally in sharing with and learning from others who are working on a project.
- Strong problem-solving and IT skills.
- Ability to speak an additional language besides English is desirable.
If you feel you satisfy the above criteria and wish to join our friendly, professional organisation then please click on APPLY and forward an up-to-date CV and cover letter, explaining why you are a good fit for this role.