European Business Development Manager - SaaS
Our client seek a new business focused seller, experienced with selling technology solutions ideally into the banking sector (credit/risk/compliance), to join a growing and successful team. A well-known global player, candidates will be comfortable managing complex cycles, developing revenue and managing a set of key accounts throughout UK/Ireland/and Southern Europe. London office is based in Clerkenwell/Farringdon.
A leading player within the professional business information and technology space, the business provides clientele with subscription based information tools, bespoke research consultancy, and technical software solutions. The team have a wealth of experience creating solutions to help users get the best out of their data, with an onus on credit risk assessments for the financial sector. Founded in 1991, the business has disrupted the information space and has performed impressively over the past 18 months, particularly the enterprise 'bespoke' sales team, where this vacancy sits. The European Business Development Manager - SaaS will take on board a key territory of UK and Southern Europe - mainly selling into Spanish and Italian markets.
The position of European Business Development Manager - SaaS comprises mainly of new business development and some key account management, typically involving the following:
- Drive revenue through new and existing customers. Build business in both new and existing client bases through proactive customer contacts and cold calling of new prospects in order to meet/exceed annual targets
- Build and maintain excellent customer relationships within the territory
- Demonstrating the superiority and value of the bespoke custom solutions to potential and existing clients. This will often involve high quality presentations, client meetings and formal proposals.
- Manage and coordinate business responses to RFIs, RFPs and Tenders from clients and prospects.
- Negotiate and complete contract signature.
- Must develop deep, practical understanding of a suite of products and services, with a focus on credit risk and compliance solutions.
- With a focus of selling into financial services, typically developing relationships with IT/ and Credit Risk departments.
- Must be able to identify/recognize cross-selling opportunities for data solutions
- Work closely in collaborating with teams to ensure high levels of client satisfactions in all client interaction including issue resolution.
- Successful candidate will design, implement a strategy and effectively manage the sales cycle to include: lead generation, prospecting, qualifying, business development and closing within an assigned geographic territory.
The position requires travel which is largely self-managed and planned in advance; with this there is clear autonomy with time spent working in the office/field/home. Seeing key clients throughout Souther Europe and selling face-to-face (and occasional working from our client's European office) is encouraged.
The successful European Business Development Manager - SaaS candidate will have the following background:
- Language skills: English is essential and further European languages would be advantageous - especially Italian and Spanish speakers.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years' proven selling experience to financial institutions, ideally working toward long and sometimes complex cycles. Candidates of greater experience will also be considered by our client (i.e. 4-8 years experience).
- Particular experience in selling to the Risk Management groups within Banks a plus.
- Must have a basic IT understanding e.g. can talk about platforms, databases, deployment of integrated software solutions / SaaS
- Experience with managing a pipeline and forecasting capabilities
- Ability to present high-level information as well as detailed demonstrations of products & services.
- Ability to assess client needs
- Proven track record of business development capability and ability to sell through a consultative approach.
- Must be able to establish relationships within an organization and able to identify and connect with the economic buyer as well as the users of our solutions.
- Must be a strong team player and able to work with Project Manager to assist customers to resolve outstanding issues
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Capacity to develop and deliver presentations, ability to create, compose and edit written materials
- Maintaining professionalism and projecting a positive image of the company
- Experience in sales, relationship management or other related client-facing position, preferably within the financial services sector.
- Good understanding of finance and risk management acquired either by advanced study or through industry experience a plus.
The position is being pitched at the below package (but could be negotiable for stand-out profiles):
- Base Salary between £40,000 and £60,000 dependant on background and experience
- OTE uncapped, commonly £80k+
- Full company benefits suite
- Autonomous and client-facing working balance, regular visits to clients where possible, flexible working from London office/working from home/working from other European offices throughout Southern Europe.