Our client, a well-established financial services firm, have recently expanded and are recruiting for a Senior Paraplanner to join their new office in Witney. This is a new role, and will give the successful candidate an opportunity to shape the role.
The main responsibilities of the Senior Paraplanner will be to produce compliant reports and supporting documentation for both existing and potential clients of the firm, to support the recommendations made by their adviser. This role will also provide the team with a main point of contact for any technical enquiries.
You will be joining a growing business, with a friendly, supportive, no-blame culture. There is a strong emphasis on continued professional development and there are regular opportunities to undertake study - with full support provided throughout.
- To act as a focal point for technical enquiries from advisers and paraplanning team.
- To revise and update report templates in response to legislative changes.
- Analyse client information and existing investments/insurances, identifying any gaps in the clients' financial plans.
- Construct appropriate solutions for clients and make recommendations in conjunction with the advisers.
- To write comprehensive suitability reports for both existing and potential clients which are readable, compliant, and technically accurate (from templates but with the ability to write freehand).
- Liaise with Investment, and accounts and dealing teams in respect of reviews of existing investments and feasibility of in-specie transfers.
- Identify gaps in clients' financial plans to increase sales opportunities - especially in protection products
- Present on technical issues at adviser meetings.
- Assist with updating of Procedures Manual and ensure that it remains up to date.
- To make recommendations as to how the firm's systems and procedures might be improved.
- Promote the brand.
- Promote the core values so that they are live throughout the team.
- Ensure the firm's high standards of client care are met.
- Ensure the confidentiality of all work undertaken for clients, and work within the principles of the Data Protection Act.
- Comply with the FCA's Treating Customers Fairly requirements, and other requirements set out in the company manual and processes.
- To co-operate fully with the organisations Anti Money Laundering requirements.
- To maintain records in accordance with the organisations compliance requirements as set out in its compliance manuals and procedures.
- Work within the requirements of the Data protection policy.
- Willingness to undertake study.
- Ideally at least 5 years' experience in the financial services industry of which a minimum of 2 years has been in a paraplanning role within a firm of financial advisers.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word Excel, Outlook and ideally Adviser Office, Volume and Pulse dealing system.
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team, whilst managing workloads.
- Ability to work under pressure at times.
- Excellent Organisational Skills.
- Mentor Junior members of the team.
- Provide leadership for the team.
- Good knowledge of financial services business processes, standards, policies and procedures.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Statements of Principle for Approved Persons.
- Ability to explain complex issues in a clear and easy to understand manner.
- Grow level of technical knowledge and ensure remain up to date with changes in legislation.
- Take part in any relevant in-house or external training as required.
- To attend relevant seminars and other presentations as appropriate to the needs established in the adviser's Training Needs Analysis review.
- To retain a record of personal CPD in order to meet requirements for attainment of Statement of Professional Standing.
The role is based in the Witney office, however for an initial period you will need to commute to the Henley-on-Thames office for one day a week.
This is a full-time, permanent position.
Please apply online to be considered.