Bids and Tender Manager
Bids and Tenders Manager - Business Development and Marketing Department
up to £45,000
Cordant People Cardiff are looking to recruit a Bids and Tender Manager to join a successful solicitors in central Cardiff.
The role will involve working closely with partners and sector group heads to deliver high quality bids and tenders to a broad range of organisations, and provide ongoing relationship management support to ensure strong relationships are developed and nurtured with existing clients. The majority of these clients will be within the public, education and social housing sectors.
The role also requires considerable research into potential bids and tenders opportunities, and ongoing monitoring of both the legal market and other sectors in which the firm currently operates.
Duties to include:-
- Take a lead role in writing the firm's most strategically important bids and tenders
- Delegating the writing of day to day bids, tenders and credentials documents, along with general marketing and contract management support work to a supporting executive
- Managing a bids databank to support the bids and tenders activity of the firm.
- Monitoring the firm's compliance with service level agreements and obligations under legal framework appointments
- Ensuring a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy is delivered to clients and potential clients within the public, third and social housing sectors
- Organising and in some cases facilitating, a regular schedule of relationship management meetings with public, education and social housing sector clients.
- Following up with clients on reasons for success or failure in pitches and tenders
- Establishing an excellent working relationships and personal credibility with divisional heads, partners, other lawyers and support staff across the firm
The successful candidate will have proven experience of bids and tenders management working in a professional services/blue chip environment.
Experience of working in the public sector or with public sector clients and an understanding of public procurement is also required.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent standard of verbal and written communications, along with the ability to deliver results under pressure whilst managing multiple projects simultaneously.
The successful candidate will also have specific experience of undertaking a role involving business development and client relationship management in the professional sector, e.g. legal, accountancy or consultancy.
Advanced level of Microsoft packages Word, Excel and PowerPoint are essential for this post as well as good research skills using databases and the internet.
Interested? Then we'd love to hear from you. Please upload your CV as a word document to be considered for the role.
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.